Scan at 5 weeks and nothing there?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Hithere girls, as you all know i got my BFP over a week ago..anywhere, i was at the doc a few days ago, he did a scan and said there is only a lilttle black spot of 2 mm and he couldn´t see nothing yet. I have to come back next tuesday again. Is this normal??? :o(
bellabella Posts: 2750
Yep is completely normal.i had my first scan at 5 weeks and saw my black blob (very proud of my blob)and i was not worried either was the doc and at 7 weeks saw the hard beat and so on and i had a scan the day before yesterday and my baby was waving at me.nOw so stop wprrying and change this face :o( for one of these :o0
Sassy Posts: 2269
Heavenleigh that is totally normal. Scanners can not pick anything up until you are at least 6 weeks or more. I wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Your doctor should have explained why he could not see anything and put you mind at ease.
THanks so much bellabella :o)ll You really made my day....It´s so good to have somebody to talk about all your worries on here...Sending you loads of hugs :xxx
bellabella Posts: 2750
YOu are grand , now worrying is a natural part of pregnancy but you have to accept you don't have complete control over it so sit back and enjoy thye trip and just do the best you can. MY blob picture is hanging up in my sitting room and when people ask whats that? i am like elhhhhhh hello it a blob are you thick :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 . SO moral of the story be proud of your blob and stop worrying
That´s cool bellabella :o0 I got a printout of my scan as well...you can only see a wee darker spot (2mm big only). But your posts really reassured me girls, i was so worried when i left doc as she didn´t even say it was normal not to see nothing yet...was so worried :o( Have another appointment next week and hope to see something then...And after that i am sure i will change my doc for the next appointment...
Moet for me Posts: 1841
Totally normal there really is feck all there at 5 weeks (you are only 3 weeks pregnant) I had an internal scan, don't even ask, as they thought I had miscarried at 5 and 7 weeks and by 7 weeks you could see a heartbeat which was nice but not worth having a scanner shoved inside you for.
Thats right Moet, i had an internal scan there as well a few days ago...but doc only said she can see nothing yet and the stupid cow (sorry,but true) didn´t even tell me it seems to be normal that nothing can be seen yet, so i went home all worried....
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Hi Bella, If you don't mind me asking. How come you get so many scans. Did you have a m/c previously or going privately or something. I'm hoping on my next pregnancy i'll get a lot of early scans too.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
[quote="Hairy Molly":3s5uwjkc]Hi Bella, If you don't mind me asking. How come you get so many scans. Did you have a m/c previously or going privately or something. I'm hoping on my next pregnancy i'll get a lot of early scans too.[/quote:3s5uwjkc] Bella's in Italy and Heavenleigh in Germany and I think they just get more scans than we do anyway, plus they get them earlier. I think I'm right in saying they also go in for internal scans way more than is the case here. So at least that's something, Hairy Molly! Once you're had a m/c you should automatically be given an early scan - this is what I was told anyway. Don't be worrying about that :xxx