Scan day!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

woonoo Posts: 78
Hello, Today is my first scan and am sooooooooo excited (even if miserable git DH isn't...!) I am mad to know my dates and if everything is OK. How much water do I need to drink and how far in advance? Scan is at 2pm but I've been warned that they never go on time...
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Good luck woonoo, please post back and tell me how you get on, mine is next monday. thinking of you x
jellybaby Posts: 2316
[quote:1st1qwrh]How much water do I need to drink and how far in advance? Scan is at 2pm but I've been warned that they never go on time...[/quote:1st1qwrh] It depends on how far gone you are, and the person doing the scan.....the sonographer at my first scan sent the person in front of me away to drink some water as they couldn't get a clear picture. I had been drinking loads, so I was fit to burst. But it was worth it as we got great pics. She said that they like people to have a full bladder up to about 13 weeks. After that, the uterus has pushed up the way anyway, so there's no need. However, I've heard of some people being told by sonographers that there's no need to drink water at all! If you're planning on drinking water before the scan, I would bring a bottle, and be sipping on it while you're waiting - don't drink gallons before you go! Don't forget you'll probably have to give a urine sample anyway - possibly before the scan. Best of luck :mrgreen:
woonoo Posts: 78
Thanks Jellybaby, I am somewhere between 12-14 weeks so will be sure to be fit to burst! Good idea about bringing the bottle, will do and will report back later on!
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Ohh how exciting woonoo, let us know how you get on, I am sooooo looking forward for my 12 weeks scan, but I have still a while to go yet.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
wow you must be so excited, let us know how you get on.
over the moon Posts: 676
Woonoo, best of luck with your first scan. It is an amzing experience!! Let us know how you get on. OTM x [url=http://www.snugglepie.com:s1qi86yc][img:s1qi86yc]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/619640.png[/img:s1qi86yc][/url:s1qi86yc]
SoExcited Posts: 204
Best of luck Woonoo. Let us know how you get on, I've got mine in a few weeks and I can't wait.
grumpy Posts: 1280
How exciting for you both!! :mrgreen: Do let us know how it goes. Mine is next week, so I'm glad to hear I don't need to drink too much! I can't wait to get a specific date - I'm currently going by 4th Feb, but I know the hospital can change that by up to 2 weeks after the scan. I'm really hoping thats not the case!
bellabella Posts: 2750
HI Woonoo, how did you det on?