Scan Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
Going public, and am wondering at what weeks exactly do we get scans done? My other DD is 7 and I forget!
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'm public in the Coombe and got my first scan at week 12, second will be at week 17.
esmum Posts: 426
Im public in THe Rotunda first scan at 21 weeks :eek :eek
I was beginning to panic because I am 12 weeks and only meeting the midwife on Monday, and no scan being done that day. But it seems to be normal enough that I haven't been scanned yet so? I thought I was the only one!
baby2010 Posts: 908
I'm public in Holles St & 1st scan is 21 weeks too. Have 1st appointment with consultant at 18 weeks though. Going for private scan in few weeks - I wouldn't wait til Oct!!
I'd say you could ask for a scan designerwine - especially if you are in any way unsure about your dates. As I say, my first scan was 12 weeks but when we got in there for the scan the baby was only measuring 10 weeks, and so we're going with that instead. I would at least ask that they let you listen to the heartbeat, just so you get a bit of excitement out of the day!
Another question! When I go to see the midwife on Monday, does hubby come with me? I was after breaking up out of a bad relationship the last time, and did it all on my own. Is it normal for the husband to come or should I go on my own? I know I will be bringing him to the scans, but am unsure about this one.
Does it say anything in your letter about what kind of appointment it is? If it's your medical history, the Coombe won't let husbands in because they ask if everything is ok at home, and want the women to be able to answer truthfully.
AHappyMrs Posts: 622
Hi Designerwine, Im going public in Coombe and having appointments in Naas Hosp, First scan will be at 14wks and just told today i'll have second scan at 22 wks. Im literally just back from my first midwife appointment.. when i was given appointment I was told not to bother bringing DH as your only in for about 20 mins giving history and bloods, but was told to bring him to the next appointment for scan. All she asked was my immediate family history, and asked if it was a planned pregnancy, if we were happy about it and if there was any history of domestic violence, so I suppose they cant ask that if there's someone else in the room! Almost at the stage where im counting down the hours to my first scan! :o)ll
Thank you ladies, I think I will leave him in the car park so!