Scans in Holles Street with Dr McParland

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

broody chick Posts: 203
I have Dr Peter McParland as my consultant in holles street and we are going semi-private. Our first visit with him is the 16 week. On some post i have seen that he scans every visit [mini one] Is this true for Semi-Private patients also? Thanks Girls O-O
love struck Posts: 1125
broody chick I am attending Dr McParland in Holles Street also SP. My first visit was also at 16 weeks and unfortunately he did not scan me there.. And I didnt see any machine that day or on any of my visit so assume he even has the equipment to do so.. I attended a private scan at 11/12 weeks and then asked at my 1st visit with him could he scan me sooner than 22 weeks due to some concerns I had. He had no problem with this and I was sent for a scan the following week. I have found him to be great. He is short and sweet to the point and will check the heartbeat if you like. Also I have had to attend clinic 5 times and I have seen him on each occasion which is really good.. Just make sure to have all your questions ready as otherwise you will be in and out before you know it and you may not have had a chance to ask him anything..
jarashow Posts: 3083
I am going Private with him which means my appointments are in Blackrock Clinic. He has a mini scanner in his room there so you could get one every visit, I got one at 12 weeks. I am not sure if he has one in Hollies Street so I don't know if he would scan you on every visit there.
under construction Posts: 3458
Im also going semi private with Dr McParland. He has never scanned me and i have never noticed a scanner in either of his rooms, he has listened to the heartbeat once - at my 14 week appointment and not since. Perhaps this is only at private care he does this? Best of luck at your 16 week appointment, you should at least hear the heartbeat at this.
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Was with him today, no he doesn't have a mini scanner in his rooms for SP. he couldn't find babs heartbeat the last time and I had to come back at the end of the clinic to be scanned when the one mini machine was free. This time he felt my tummy and that was it really
broody chick Posts: 203
Thank you all for replying. At least i know now and won't be disappointed on the day that i won't be scanned. Thanks for the feed-back so quickly. O-O
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
I'm in the same boat. Got my 1st app SP with Dr.P on Tuesday next. Was hoping he might scan but looks like he defo won't. Ah well. Roll on 03 Jun so for my 20 week scan.