Schedule of GP/Hospital Visits in combined care scheme

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DollyMomma Posts: 1231
Hi there, I've lost the pamphlet I got sent out from the HSE with the schedule of when you should go to your GP and when you should go to the hospital for check up's, would anyone be able to tell me? This is my first pregnancy. My GP books up very quickly so I want to plan ahead and get my apppointments made! Thanks a million girls.
eled Posts: 713
wk 24 GP wk 28 GP (Hospital if its first pregnancy) wk 30 GP Wk 32 Hospital Wk 34 GP Wk 36 Hospital Wk 37 GP Wk 38 Hospital Wk 39 GP Wk 40 Hospital first GP visit should be before Wk 12 and first hospital appointment should ideally take place by week 20
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
it is usually every four weeks to one or the other for most of the pregnancy but there is no hard and fast rule. The hospital should tell you when to see the gp at each apt. My gp has me come to her every three weeks regardless of my hospital apts. So I was last at hospital at 24weeks and due back next week at 28 weeks and I saw gp at 26 weeks and back there at 29 weeks.
Thanks a million girls, that's much appreciated.
littlebobby Posts: 106
Hi ladies, I have a question if you can help. Im looking at hospitals im soo confused with the public & semi private details. I was at the doc today confirming pregnancy and she gave me Green HSE form to send off.She said send it off even if i decide to go semi/private just so im covered. She also said that i have 6 visits with her free of charge. Are these still free if u go SP and what exactly are u paying for in SP.I looked at hospital sites but still dont get exactly what we pay for & what is covered by VHI >:o( Eled i noticed u have a mix of gp & hospital visits, have we to pay for hospital visits? Any information would great as my mind is boggled thanks
Congratulations june26th. Can't answer many of your questions as I am public but I know no matter what your insurance or financial status is, you are entitled to free gp visits in pregnancy and up to and including the babies 6 week check up. It means that your ante natal care is shared by the gp and hospital. I don't know if you have to pay for sp clinics but everything in public is free and I am really happy with how efficient it is at the hospital each time. Hope you get more answers to your questions. Have a good pregnancy.
Hi June26th, I'm semi-private (in Holles Street). It costs €1300 but if you have health insurance they cover €400 of it so on your first visit to the hospital you pay the €900 balance (well, you can either pay it in full on your first visit or pay it in three stages of €300 at each of your first three visits). I'm not sure what way appointments work when you go public, but with me I had my initial "booking in" appointment in Holles Street at 10 weeks, all that is really is a nurse takes your bloods. My next appointment is in two weeks (when I'll be 16 weeks pregnant) and at that appointment I've been told I'll be meeting my consultant (or a member of his team, if you were fully private you'd see the consultant him/herself), and he/she will be doing an examination and a mini-scan. Then a month later I have my "big scan" at 21 weeks. After that my visits will be spread between the consultant/his team in the hospital and my GP.
littlebobby Posts: 106
Thanks littlemisshopeful & Miss diamonds for that , i thought this would be an easy part but obviously not ! Miss Diamonds that 900, does it cover everything for sp for healthy pregnancy or do u have to pay for any little extra's ie pain relief , prob stupid ques but really new to this , eldest child , no nieces/nephews or friends with babies lol! littlemisshopeful what hospital have u decided to attend ?
I am in Holles Street too. I am public in the high risk clinic.
[quote="june26th":7v8mdb3r]Thanks littlemisshopeful & Miss diamonds for that , i thought this would be an easy part but obviously not ! Miss Diamonds that 900, does it cover everything for sp for healthy pregnancy or do u have to pay for any little extra's ie pain relief , prob stupid ques but really new to this , eldest child , no nieces/nephews or friends with babies lol! littlemisshopeful what hospital have u decided to attend ?[/quote:7v8mdb3r] The €900 includes everything, you don't need to pay anything extra for pain relief or anything. Can you imagine being there in labour, looking for an epidural and they're like "no problem €100 please" :o0 No worries on the questions, this is my first pregnancy too so I was equally as clueless as you until recently!