Scrapbook help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

thumpette Posts: 462
Hi Girls, I'm trying to make a scrap book for my friend for her hen next month. Im starting to get some photos and stuff in from the other girls but I'm just realising I have no idea how to make one! I get the basic concept of sticking the pics and letters and stuff in with stickers and prettying it up- Im mainly looking where I can get the bits and bobs for it, particularly the scrapbook itself? Would anyone have any ideas of places around Dublin? Thanks!
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
I got some wedding themed scrap book pieces in Mr Price, they were €0-99!!! They're the paper insets, 12x12 and loads of cut outs and stickers. Also got a pack of glitter stickers such as champagne bottles. Am killed looking for the actual scrapbook, think I might have to order it from the uk, or get one from the states.
BusyBee29 Posts: 368
You could do a "this is your wife" photos from childhood to today with various aspects and comments ie college.
corkiegirl Posts: 825
We make them for friends for special occasions- hens, special birthdays, if someone is moving away etc. One good tip is to buy a spiral bound book and carefully pull apart the metal spires. Then take out the pages and give a couple to each friend / relative. Ask them to decorate individually in their own style and then give the pages back to you. You can then put them back in and carefully bend the metal spires back together. It's really interesting to see how each person has decorated their pages. Some people use stickers, some glitter pens, some write poems, some do collage, some cur out lettering from magazines etc etc. Good luck.
BusyBee29 Posts: 368
Fab idea. Love it.
Thanks girls, That's a great idea Corkie girl! Think I'm a bit tight for time to manage that now as I dont know most of the girls and they are all spread out all over the country. Do you have a suggestion on where to get that kind of book though? Will have a look at the Mr Price thing too, never heard of it! O-O
We buy them in Paperchase normally. Not cheap but beautiful flowery hardback covers etc and normally brown pages inside. Not sure where you're based but think only Dublin and Belfast have Paperchase stores. I'm sure other places sell them but never looked anywhere else for them.
Yeah I'm in Dublin thanks! Just looking for a shop nearby now! Just Dundrum and Henry street is it? I dont work far from Dundrum so I'll check it out, I always get lost in their carparks tho! :) You're a fount of scrapbook knowledge! Thanks
I'm from Cork but live in the UK so not too sure except I remember there was one in Dublin. Ha ha, it's a couple of my creative friends, to be honest. We've been making them for 12 years for each other for occasions and the standard has improved over the years. The one made by them for my hen was out of this world and all the other girls couldn't believe it! My pages are always the most boring when im trying to make them for others, ha ha. Good luck with yours.