scroll postal tubes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babynumber1 Posts: 282
hi girls, first of all just wondering if any of you used or are having scrolls as the wedding invitations and where are you buying the tubes. i can only find them on diy weddings but would like a bit of choice if ye know of anywhere else. also how did ye put the addresses on them. i have white labels but they are too bright if you know what i mean! thanks :wv
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Have you tried looking on ebay. Also for the address labels I would use the clear ones
thanks for the reply. i just thought of ebay after i posted the question so had a look but they are the same as the diy weddings ones anyway where would i get the clear labels
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Any Stationary shop will do the Avery clear labels
ok thanks a mill shelly :thnk
LuckyBride09 Posts: 83
Hi Limkbabe. My friend did her wedding invites in scrolls - the only problem was all us locals had to go down to the post office to collect them. Guess our postie flipped when he seen all the tubes (25 for our town), it may have been different if there was only 1 or 2 tubes. Just to let you know my experience as a recipient . . . . . . perhaps you should ask the post office if they'll be posted into letterboxes or will people have to go to post office to collect them as some of our friends were a bit cross about having to make a special trip to the post office for a wedding invitation !
katiemomma Posts: 2690
I ws thinking of getting them but if you go onto the an post website it tells you the price of postage and the postal tubes are more expensive than normal envelopes and they tubes themselves cost more so i wouldnt be advising it unless you are saving somewhere else. i think on the an post site was where i initially saw them and i saw them in a post office too so try your local.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I got clear labels printed with my mam and dad's address for the replies on ebay for a few euro. I'd say it'd be expensive to buy a full packet of clear labels in a stationary store. Let me know if you want me to post the link to the ebay store.
OH I CANT BELIEVE THAT YE HAD TO GO TO THE POST OFFICE TO COLECT THE INVITES LUCKYBRIDE09. I WOULD HATE THAT TO HAPPEN I BETTER RING THE POST OFFICE AND SEE. MUST LOOK UP THE PRICE TOO CATAUG09. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYONE.