Seahorse's birth story

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*seahorse Posts: 1122
I had some contractions Saturday afternoon, strong but short and sporadic. Woke up 3am Sunday morning in pain but again not too much, went out for a walk and had regular(every 6mins) mildish contractions til my return at about 6am. Got kids and H2B up and we went for a 2.5hour walk during which my contractions grew stronger but not more regular. We got home about 9.30am and contractions disappeared. My mum came over and we went shopping at 10.30 by our return at 11.30 my contractions were strong & every 3 mins. Arrived at Holles St at 1pm, they put me on a CTG and examined me - I was not in labour!! O:| My cervix was completley unfavourable and postiriour(sp) Contractions faded but babys heart rate was irregular so they admitted me to labour ward. At 2pm they tried to break my waters but were unable, still not in labour. My contractions returned hard & fast but baby still wasn't happy and my cervix wasnt dialating. They told me it was likely I would have a section if babys trace didn't improve. By 3.45pm I was finally 2cm's, I was panicked (as my labour with my DS had been 12 hours from when I was 2cm's and 7 hours with my DD) as I was in so much pain but didnt seem to be going anywhere. Contractions were now constant and excrutiating. I was crying for an epidural so they called the anaesthesiast. At 4.10pm I was feeling a lot of pressure so they examined me, I was 7cm, I started pushing 5 mins later and my baby son was born at 4.27pm weighing 7lb12oz just as the anaestists arrived through the door. :o( The cord was wrapped 4 times around his neck but he was healthy and fine.... and I am home now with no tears or stitches and feeling like nothing ever happened!! :wv Baby Ben is perfect, feeding well on both breast & bottle and sleeping for 6 hours at night :o)ll He is learning to fit in with life at home with his brother & sister Good Luck to all you Mum's to be, feel free to Pm any questions you might have...
mop1 Posts: 1564
OOh Congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
annabella Posts: 190
congrats hun :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Congrats pet what a great birth story well done :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Gallifrey Posts: 472
Congrats on the new LO seahorse :o)ll
Poppit Posts: 2042
Wow seahorse, fair play to you :eek Sounds like you were in alot of pain. Am so glad all went well. no stitches or tears, thats fantastic. Sleeping for 6 hours already, lucky you.. Welcome again to baby Ben and thank you so much for sharing your story.
baby-bel Posts: 929
congrats seahorse :o)ll
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Congrats seahorse. Delighted for you :o)ll
july7812 Posts: 1787
Wow *seahorse, so quick in the end. What a lovely birth story & a perfect little man you have - great that he's sleeping so well already & fitting perfectly into family life. A huge congratulations :o)ll :o)ll on the safe arrival of Baby Ben to you, your DH & your little boy & girl - I'd say they are over the moon with their little brother :lvs
under construction Posts: 3458
Wow well done you - all that walking etc !! some woman. Glad it went quickly in the end you done so well. Congrats to you and your DH, and Baby Ben's big brother and sister. And a big welcome to little Ben