Sebastian? Do you like it?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Really struggling with boys and girls names this time round. I really like Sebastian for a boy but DH isn't 100% sure. What do you all think? Do you like it?
Diva30 Posts: 286
[color=#0000BF:2kst4sr8]I voted No - I don't like it personally as I think it will be shorten to Seb and I don't like that name either... Sorry hun - that's just my opinion though if you like it - go with it![/color:2kst4sr8]
mummytime Posts: 3149
i'd be a bit like your dh - i like it but i wouldn't be 100% sure
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
I like it, but Id make sure it goes with your surname. I think its one of those names that could sound a wee bit ponsy if it was, say, teamed with a double barrel surname. We have quite a posh sounding surname and so ruled out names like Charlie (Charles) coz my other half felt the child would sound like some kind of landed gentry! I think Sebastian is in that league - really lovely name, just be careful it doesnt sound pretentious when put with your second name.
Elegance Posts: 2848
i really like it.... like seb too.... but think that Giant underpants is bang on the money. we ruled it out, cos our surname (not double barrelled) is quite long and we felt it sounded wrong with our surname.... but the name itself is lovely. i think especially with a short surname.
I know what you mean about it sounding quite posh! He will be growing up in a very nice area and going to a good school, so he probably will fit in with all the Oisin's and Fionn's! :o0 But I just like the sound of it as opposed to any other reason. Our surname is simple enough although it has two syllabels. Hmmm.. we'll see.
nothing wrong with posh sleep monster :o0 if you love it pet, then go for it! how are you keeping btw?
Thanks Elegance. I'm doing great thanks. Haven't been on here too much recently. How are you? Gosh only 9 weeks for you to go! How exciting! Have you decided on names? We're just finding it really hard this time.
MrsClucky Posts: 440
[quote="Sleep Monster":24a72wam]Thanks Elegance. I'm doing great thanks. Haven't been on here too much recently. How are you? Gosh only 9 weeks for you to go! How exciting! Have you decided on names? We're just finding it really hard this time.[/quote:24a72wam] I know sleep monster, can't quite believe it myself! busy packing labour bag now, or at least buying stuf to put into it! names wise, we have a shortlist... we only have girls names to pick so that makes it a bit easier! its tough though isn't it?