Menu

second readings--help

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

excitednerjabride Posts: 869
Heh girlies, Had our booklet approved by priest and we are going to print next week but hes after coming back saying we cant have what we wanted for our second reading.. Could you post up what you are all having, has to be from the new testament....thanks a mil already
MrsBump Posts: 869
i'm thinking of having Romans 8:31-35, 37-39 What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else? Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? It is Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. or A reading from the book of the Apocalypse 19:1. 5-9 Happy are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb. I, John, seemed to hear the great sound of a huge crowd in heaven, singing, 'Alleluia! Victory and glory and power to our God!' Then a voice came from the throne; it said, 'Praise our God, you servants of his and all who, great or small, revere him'. And I seemed to hear the voices of a huge crowd, like the sound of the ocean or the great roar of thunder, answering, 'Alleluia! The reign of the Lord our God Almighty has begun; let us be glad and joyful and give praise to God, because this is the time for the marriage of the Lamb. His bride is ready, and she has been able to dress herself in dazzling white linen, because her linen is made of the good deeds of the saints.' The angel said, 'Write this: Happy are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.' check out www.gettingmarried.ie they have more suggested readings
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
this is what i had Second Reading: Read by: ??? A reading from the letter of St. Paul to the Colossians. As God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience. Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you are called in the one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing songs, psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to God. And whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through him. This is the word of the Lord. All: Thanks be to God.
lovelywine Posts: 404
We're not having a second reading.....priest told us we didn't have to....he literally gave us free reign of the mass and we did up our scroll complete with readings and gospel and he came back and said it was perfect.....beginning to think that maybe we should've included 2 readings!
nelswife Posts: 3869
Here are a few new testament readings...good luck [b:vnfrco4n]Second Reading : New Testament[/b:vnfrco4n] A Reading from the letter to the Ephesians 3:14-21 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with might through his Spirit in the inner person, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen. This is the word of the Lord [b:vnfrco4n]New Testament A Reading from the first letter of John 1 John 4:7-12[/b:vnfrco4n] Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and he who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God; for God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. This is the word of the Lord [b:vnfrco4n]New Testament A Reading from the Letter of St Paul to the Corinthians[/b:vnfrco4n] If I give away all that I possess piece by piece and even if I let them take my body and burn it, but am without love, it will do me no good whatever. Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. In a word there are three things which last forever, faith, hope and love – but the greatest of these is love. This is the word of the Lord.
excitednerjabride Posts: 869
:o)ll
Kettles Hotel