Second time mums - cramps/stretching pains more severe?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Crusoe Posts: 128
Hi folks, Just wondering about this. I had stretching pains / period type cramps loads on my first pregnancy. They were uncomfortable, noticable but not particularly painful and this pregnancy started off the same. Didn't think they were anything out of the ordinary but from Tuesday, I've had really, really painful cramps on and off. As they were accompanied (for half an hour or so) by bleeding, I had a scan yesterday to check that everything's ok, which it is :lvs , but the cramps are still there, from time to time, and still enough to make me want to take painkillers (but maybe I'm a wuss :-8 ). So I'm thinking - is this a second pregnancy thing? Do they get worse after your first? Would love to hear your thoughts on this! :thnk
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
I had none that I really noticed first time round, but this time I do have more stetching pains, some days I feel like AF is about to arrive, although I haven't had any bleeding.
That's interesting Marvin Mole, thanks for the reply too. Maybe it is just cos it's second time round.
babs76 Posts: 1000
Hi - I had BRUTAL stretching pains this time round - they were so bad that i was up all night very early on in the pregnancy and i honestly thought there was something seriously wrong - I went for a scan the next day and they found 2 heartbeats!! nurse was saying that beacuse there are two that there will be additional stretching
Wow babs76, you must've gotten a surprise! Congrats on the twins. :o)ll I had a scan during the week and there was definitely only one heartbeat so it's not twins in my case. I've decided to take the cramps as a good sign that baby's growing fine and strong!
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Yes! They are horrible pains, I had a lot of stretching in the first 12/14 weeks then a lull and now I think I'm having Braxton Hicks which are scarily reminding me I have to give birth lol :weep
Pinkly Posts: 1414
Had this too early on. Also getting alot of pressure pains over the last 2 months & generally feeling alot more wrecked this time round.
Thanks ladies, I'll take the pains as reassurance everything's ok so :thnk And Dancing Queen, I think I'm in complete denial about having to give birth again !
sunshine. Posts: 1387
had really bad ones at 19 weeks and they lliterally floored me..... i was out and about and i actually ended up on the floor....... only had them for a few hours......
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
I'm getting at least 2 bad ones a day, the ones that take the breath from you... My Dad informed me yesterday its like exercise for your womb and labour will be easier if you have them!! I do not know where he got that info LOL :o0