Second Trimester - success stories?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dootsay Posts: 958
Hi, I'm just wondering how everyone is getting on in their second trimester? I did read another post that some people continue to have MS. Luckily I didn't get hit too bad with MS just nausea. My doctor keeps telling me that I should start to feel more energised, my skin and hair should improve and I'll be glowing - hardly :-8 at the moment I have another bad dose of the cold, swollen lips, glands, extreme tiredness and nausea at night aswell - can someone tell me please if this is supposed to end anytime soon? I just feel like a walking wreck, if it wasn't for fake tan, I'd say my work colleagues would have me on a drip because I look so drawn out (they don't know yet) :o( Any success stories? anyone feel like they are glowing?
clementines Posts: 27
On my last pregnancy I found the energy and blooming didn't really kick in till 18weeks plus and then I was running around the place till about week before DD was born. I'm a real believer in if your tired you should listen to your body and rest especially when your pregnant. If it's your first baby rest all you can because when the little one is here rest goes out the window. :o0 My energy is slowing returning to normal over the past week and I'm 18 weeks now, only I'm suffering really bad with headaches and dizzyness. Haven't a clue why. Hope the MS eases soon, it really is the worst part of pregnancy.
love struck Posts: 1125
Dootsay Nearly in Tri 2 another week or so... But have found in the last week the ms/nausea has nearly disappeared have tones more energy feel lots better in myself and also my skin has cleared up.. Unfortunately I still look as white as a sheet but I think I always do... My mother doesnt know how no-one has guessed that I am pregnant yet as she said I am just soooo pale...
2006wedding Posts: 965
Dootsay Posts: 958
That sounds good C - at least I've only a few more weeks until the 18 week point, I really don't mind all the little symptoms as it's all for the good of babs, but I just feel like my body has been taken over, I've never had problem skin, dandruff, stuffy noses continuously but hopefully in a few weeks this will all pass and I'll be ready for the pg catwalks with my glow!
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi For me it was about 20-22wks before I felt better but believe me its a huge difference even now at this stage I don't feel near as bad as I did at the start, even though I'm tired I'm still not as tired and as I was at the start. Hopefully you'll feel better soon
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Give it another couple of weeks. Your barely into your 2nd trimester. It wasn't till I hit 16 week mark that I felt the difference.
clementines Posts: 27
Hi Dootsay, I know what you mean about being invaded, I envy women that embrace the whole pregnancy experience. I have to admit to not being overly fond of it. I love the movement although I haven't had any yet (hurry up baba!) and seeing your beautiful baby is truly the most amazing experience but ms, getting big, skin changes, and the length of time pregnancy takes, drives me a bit mad. I have friends though that have been TTC for 3 years now so I try to think of that when it gets to much, she would do anything to be in my shoes. Take Care,
mrscat Posts: 1082
I am finding my second is pretty much the same as my first, but my appetite is less than it was at the beginning. I have been extreemly lucky so far so am flying along thankfully, hope it continues for the third. I haven't seen any visible glow/hair/skin differences, well not yet anyway.