seeing as we are on names........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fantac Posts: 4109
just been down the street where a snotty faced toddler was munching popcorn - which it proceeded to finish and chuck the bag into the wind - to which mother/minder roared "chantelle, you little @;#* blah blah" worst name choice i think i have ever heard...........
Poppit Posts: 2042
Hey my name is chantelle!!! Only joking :o0
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. :o0 LOL. So funny - (note to self : must test chosen name in screaming context "<name>, if you dont get to bed this instance there'll be words" etc.)
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="Poppit":30yqmzxb]Hey my name is chantelle!!! Only joking :o0[/quote:30yqmzxb] ah yes but i'm sure you are nicely spoken and you blow your nose and your name sounds like a dulcet waterfall not [b:30yqmzxb]chanteeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee[/b:30yqmzxb] in a nasal screech >:o)
:o0 :o0 :o0 Oh one of those scenarios...
grumpy Posts: 1280
In fairness, every name has that potential!! When I was in hospital, the registrar came around and she was asking the girl beside me what her son's name was. Girl - "Cameron" Registrar - "Ok. C-A-M-E..." Girl - "No, K-A-M-R-O-N" Me (to myself) "Sweet Lord......" I can just imagine a similar incident to yours SM, happening in 4 years time!
Yes I agree. I have heard the sweetest names being screamed down the street and they can sound terrible.
Topolino Posts: 1659
Oh God. It brings up connotations of Chantelle from Big Brother. Each to their own and all that but come on!!! Have a bit of class!
pet chalupa Posts: 197
my DH always tries out different names by shouting them :-8 Ill say what would you think of george, molly and ill get this roar 'George your dinner is ready' He is nuts and we arent even ttc. Imagine what he'll be like then. :o0
decmum Posts: 239
Laughing my head off, teach in Inner city so tend to steer clear of all names that come into First Year. They begged me to call it [i:2t8s8srf]Summer[/i:2t8s8srf] or [i:2t8s8srf]Chanel[/i:2t8s8srf], so there's two to steer clear of.... :o0 :o0 :o0 Was on Grafton street and there were a few Camerons (boys). My DH reckons the women in BT have a look, offended i enquired if i had the look, and he said no you don't look like you've sucked a lemon!!! O-O This names post could be dodgy we may offend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll