Seeing the groom the night before the wedding.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

miss m Posts: 49
Whats the deal with seeing the groom the night before the wedding ? Getting married on Thursday - cant believe it !! Having the rehersal at 7 the night before and a few people have said to me that I cant see my hubby to be after this. However we had planned on meeting family & friends for drinks afterwards.
Beverly Hill Posts: 591
Thats only a supersition - I would stick with your plans.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Miss M- its just a superstition. If it doesn't bother you or your H2B then dont worry about it.
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
i think its whatever suits you. are you planning to have drinks and then both of you head home to your place and get ready together in the morning. or is he staying somewhere else and then see him at the church? i will be staying at our hotel the night before and he is staying at our place, he will get ready from there and i will get ready at the hotel and meet him in the church. IMO i think its bad luck to see him before then
Someone told me recently that its bad luck to wear pearls on your wedding day!! Whatever, I'm going to be wearing pearls - and will see the groom the night before (if I want to) :o0
bridetobe2009 Posts: 1423
We are having our rehearsal the night before as well and we are both staying in the hotel the night before the wedding but in seperate rooms.We are all having dinner after the rehearsal and the a few drinks.As long as I dont see him after midnight I think I'll be ok.
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
oh i'm wearing my pearls try and stop me :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 so really we are picking the traditions that suits us :o0 :o0
[quote="EbayQueen":3ok7r1fq]so really we are picking the traditions that suits us :o0 :o0[/quote:3ok7r1fq] I think we should only pick the ones we like too :o0
miss m Posts: 49
He is staying in the hotel the night before and I am staying with my parents so I thought as long as I didnt see him after 12 it would be ok. Thanks girls.
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
[quote="miss m":1ftdnr62]He is staying in the hotel the night before and I am staying with my parents so[b:1ftdnr62] I thought as long as I didnt see him after 12 it would be ok. [/b:1ftdnr62]Thanks girls.[/quote:1ftdnr62] Thats what I thought as well and is prob what we'll end up doin!