Seeking florist to inspire me!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newbie101 Posts: 20
Ladies, I was hoping you might be able to come to my rescue..!! I'm at my wits end looking for a florist! I'm getting married in the Heritage, Killenard next January and am looking for a reasonably priced florist with lots of ideas to give me some inspiration!! Anyone I have contacted so far is quoting up to €2k for church flowers only!! Is it just me or is that crazy?!! :eek Can anybody recommend someone in the Laois/Kildare area who could come to my rescue O:|
sonopotere Posts: 1124
hey, i got this number of another wollie and the lady came out to me last week to see my dresses, match colors, went through everything and asked us what exactly we wanted or didnt. She showed me the best type of shape of bouquet for my dresses and how to compliment mine of the bridesmaid dresses. also offered to add loads of little touches like pearls and diamantes to the bouquets to match in with my dress. We told her our budget of hopefully max 1000 and she said that shouldnt be a problem. am getting 3BMs bouquets, my one, 12 button holes(and she was able to show me how to dress up the grooms one especially), 1corsage for baby flowergirl and 1 flowergirl basket full with arrangement, 2 MOB bouquets, 8 pew end bunches, 2 very large flower stands for either edge of the alter, 2 smaller arrangements for the alter and the unity candle stand. THink that was all we asked for but she did offer more. so I thought that was a great deal. the exact quote should be arriving in the post this morning but under 1000 anyway, so i thought that was very good. Her name is Eileen, she is in leixlip and her number is 0864041572
Thanks so much sonopotere - I'll definately give her a call. Was starting to pull my hair out on this one!!
sonopotere Posts: 1124
[quote="honeybun22":1lw5f2uw][quote="sonopotere":1lw5f2uw]hey, i got this number of another wollie and the lady came out to me last week to see my dresses, match colors, went through everything and asked us what exactly we wanted or didnt. She showed me the best type of shape of bouquet for my dresses and how to compliment mine of the bridesmaid dresses. also offered to add loads of little touches like pearls and diamantes to the bouquets to match in with my dress. We told her our budget of hopefully max 1000 and she said that shouldnt be a problem. am getting 3BMs bouquets, my one, 12 button holes(and she was able to show me how to dress up the grooms one especially), 1corsage for baby flowergirl and 1 flowergirl basket full with arrangement, 2 MOB bouquets, 8 pew end bunches, 2 very large flower stands for either edge of the alter, 2 smaller arrangements for the alter and the unity candle stand. THink that was all we asked for but she did offer more. so I thought that was a great deal. the exact quote should be arriving in the post this morning but under 1000 anyway, so i thought that was very good. Her name is Eileen, she is in leixlip and her number is 0864041572[/quote:1lw5f2uw] Just pm'd newbie the same details![/quote:1lw5f2uw] Great minds and all that!!! :o0
rubies Posts: 1375
Have you tried All Occasions in Portlaoise?
Thanks for the tip ladies - just rang her and have an appointment to meet next week. Looks good! Wollies to the rescue yet again!! :wv
ela28 Posts: 2552
[quote="honeybun22":1zumadj3][quote="sonopotere":1zumadj3]hey, i got this number of another wollie and the lady came out to me last week to see my dresses, match colors, went through everything and asked us what exactly we wanted or didnt. She showed me the best type of shape of bouquet for my dresses and how to compliment mine of the bridesmaid dresses. also offered to add loads of little touches like pearls and diamantes to the bouquets to match in with my dress. We told her our budget of hopefully max 1000 and she said that shouldnt be a problem. am getting 3BMs bouquets, my one, 12 button holes(and she was able to show me how to dress up the grooms one especially), 1corsage for baby flowergirl and 1 flowergirl basket full with arrangement, 2 MOB bouquets, 8 pew end bunches, 2 very large flower stands for either edge of the alter, 2 smaller arrangements for the alter and the unity candle stand. THink that was all we asked for but she did offer more. so I thought that was a great deal. the exact quote should be arriving in the post this morning but under 1000 anyway, so i thought that was very good. Her name is Eileen, she is in leixlip and her number is 0864041572[/quote:1zumadj3] Just pm'd newbie the same details![/quote:1zumadj3] I was just about to pm Newbie Eileens details as well :o0 gosh she's doing well off this site :)
ladyandthetramp Posts: 411
Hi, yeah she is doing well, but she deserves it she really knows what she is doing and not trying to rip us off, ive booked her too!!!
yourweddingflowers Posts: 42
that seems very excessive! if you would like to contact me and i will give you a quote and as much advise as i can.. www.yourweddingflowers.ie
kelsar Posts: 690
Just wanted to add I cant recommend Eileen enough, I have given her number to loads of girls and they have all been delighted with her. She is a pet to deal with.