Self employed - maternity leave - how long?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Vogue Posts: 426
For anyone who has had a baby; how long, reallistically speaking, before you would attempt to go back to work part time? As I'm self employed, it's up to me how long I take and I have been wondering what to tell clients when they start asking. I'm thinking 2-3 months?
adorable Posts: 249
hey vogue,like you im self employed. depends on your line off work and how long realistically you can cope without the income and if your clienys can cope without you. im not sure how long to take,mayb a month and then a day or two or to cover shifts just not sure. its a tough one!
tipp Posts: 275
I'm in the same boat ladies & not sure what to do I have a cofffee shop & am very hands on so need to get back as soon as I can. I'm hoping to go back after 2 months on a part time basis. I wish I could stay off longer but I'd say not a hope!!!!
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
i'm due end in november and planning on starting back as needs be from jan. lack of maternity leave is the major disadvantage of being self-employed but there are so many benefits, have to keep reminding myself of them!