Self referral for hospital-OLOL

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bellabobs Posts: 250
I am 4+4 wks pregnant and dont have my gp appointment until Friday. I read that you can self refer to OLOL drogheda?? How does this work?? Do i just ring up before my docs apt??
GoldStar Posts: 775
When I was pregnant on DS, it was the norm to refer yourself, but when I had my pregnancy confirmed on DD the GP refered me and I just got my booking visit appointment out in the post. Don't know if its still possible to ring and book yourself in....
momof3 Posts: 510
Def can't self refer in olol anymore. Has to b gp referral with up to 10 wk wait for 1st app and scan.
Munchk Posts: 95
Hi :) I just found out last week that I was pregnant :o)ll and went to see my doc last wednesday to confirm. She sent all the necessary forms on to the olol, I'm just wondering Goldstar how long did it take for you to receive the appointment in the post? I keep rushing to the post each day i'm so excited about putting the date in the diary :o0 though I know it'll prob be weeks till I hear anything!
Bellabobs Posts: 250
So if there is a 10 week wait i would be about 15 weeks?? Or do they try and stick as close to the 12 week mark as possible??
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
I went to the docs about 5 weeks, got my letter around 9-10 weeks and the appointment was for 13 weeks.
Sydney Bristow Posts: 185
I was with the doctor at 5 weeks, got letter at 11 weeks, and appointment was at 12 1/2 weeks. They seem to be having first appointments between 12 and 14 weeks at the minute.
momof3 Posts: 510
Went to gp at 4.5 weeks and got my app at 12wks for 15wks.
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Actually I think they may not be quite as busy with new admissions just at the moment? It was fairly quiet the day we were there and another lady getting bloods was saying it was the quietist she had ever seen it and that was her third, so she'd been there a fair bit.
t2be2012 Posts: 718
I went doc at 6weeks and got letter at 11weeks and had booking in app at 14weeks!!! I think they try get you in between 12 and 15 weeks !! The waiting is horrible though !!!!Congrats on your pregnacy!!!