Selfish to have a night away?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

osull2 Posts: 11
Am looking for some pregnant ladies opinions! Have been asked to go away for a night when I'm (hopefully) 15 weeks gone. The night away is about 2 hours from where we live. I don't see the issue with it really but hubbie isn't impressed....thinks its too far away when it's still relatively early in pregnancy and that if god forbid anything happened he'd be to far away to help (plus he'd have to find someone in a panic to mind dd1). Anyway I think he's major overreacting, that I can't live the next 9 months wondering what if, and he just thinks its too early on to be going and that later would be better. Just venting really, if I go I'm in the wrong and if I stay I miss out on a nice night away! He's not keen on minding dd1 on his own overnight so I know if I don't take advantage of these things before the second child arrives then the chances of me getting away then are even slimmer!
sunshinebear Posts: 74
it'll be a very long pregnancy if you keep thinking i can't do that in case something happens, you should go and have a great time
CocoBeans Posts: 841
I really don't think it's too early to go away. You are totally right, this is your last chance to do these things for a while. Anyway it's only two hours away. Go and enjoy. And don't worry about DH, I'm sure he can cope for one night ;)
corkiegirl Posts: 825
I'm 11 weeks and I'd make the same decision as you. I'm away in France at the moment (although with DH) but I have a night away planned at the end of Nov with my friends. You might not feel like moving in your third trimester. The second tri is the time to do things! Have a great time.
happycamper2 Posts: 452
Do the people you are going sea know you pregnant?? Who is it with?? Surely they will keep an eye on you!!!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
GO! Unless you've had cramping/bleeding/threatened miscarriage and been advised by your doctor to stay in bed and rest and not travel? No? Well then GO! Sounds to me like your husband just doesn't want to mind your kid over night. Pity about him! :o0 I'm 14 weeks now and last weekend was away with my family for a birthday thing and this weekend coming I'm going away with my husband. Hopefully before Christmas or just after I'll get away again with friends This is the time to be going away when that horrible sickness and exhaustion is easing a bit (mine is still lingering, pain in the hoop) and before you get really big and uncomfortable. Mind yourself and rest if you feel tired of course, but go and enjoy yourself!
Sheldonsfan Posts: 350
"I'm 14 weeks now and last weekend was away with my family for a birthday thing and this weekend coming I'm going away with my husband. Hopefully before Christmas or just after I'll get away again with friends" SK - Sorry to jump in here but I didn't realise you were expecting! I used to follow your blog leading up to your wedding, so delighted to hear there will be an addition to your family! Congrats!!! :o)ll :stork: OP - I agree with the other girls, if there's been no sign of any worries you should go if you want to. Would probably do you great to have a little selfish night away, go for it!
mrspatpat Posts: 380
if I were you I'd be going on my weekend away! It's not like you are 36 Weeks! I am 16 Weeks and work on the opposite side of the country to my hubby. So I'm on my own 90% of the time! I was away last weekend and am already making plans for breaks later in the pregnancy! my hubby is going to be working in the UK for the last 3 months of my pregnancy, so we won't even be in the same country all the time! I'm hoping to use my holidays to go over for the last 2 months! Looks like baby will be born there.... What does your husband plan to do if something happens. My hubby is a doc and the most he can do is drive me to a hospital....you can't be tied to the house this early.....you'll go nuts. You deserve to have a life, besides 14 Weeks is when most of the morning sickness, ect leave, if you don't get out now you never will! Go and have a nice relaxing time x
Snuffy Posts: 1492
Go! You go nuts if you have to stay in the house for the whole pregnancy! Go and enjoy I tell ya! And congrats to you! And SK!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="Smileykaz":1vz8fzkq] Sounds to me like your husband just doesn't want to mind your kid over night. Pity about him! :o0 [/quote:1vz8fzkq] +1, and congrats Smileykaz, had no idea! OP i can't see any justifiable reason for you not to go, you're pregnant, not sick! I'd say your DH just isn't keen on minding your lo on his own, tough luck i say!