Selling house to council

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi does anyone know how or if you can sell your house/apartment to your local county council? Can you contact them about it or do they contact you if they want your place thats already up for sale? Thanks.
aylala Posts: 3673
Hi NLTG We are in the process of selling our house back to the corpo (it was originlly a corpo house) What we did was called the housing dept of our office, told them we were interested in selling our house, they then check whether the property is suitable and if they are under budget then they sent out their valuer and it takes around 2 weeks to get an offer back which you can accecpt or decline We got over 5k more than we hoped for and were chuffed, we accecpted their offer nearly 10 weeks ago now and are still awaiting contracts etc. but they dont go back on a deal HTH :wv
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Wow, well done on your deal. I have a 2 bed apartment up for sale in the middle of a town. I noticed on our local paper last week that the council were saying they have a huge shortage of houses for people on the housing list in our area. I was wondering then if it might be worth my while to contact them about my apt for sale. I know they are in the process of building a small estate of 2 bed houses which would satisfy some demand but sure i thought nothing ventured nothing gained. I contact the housing dept then today, thanks again Aylala.
aylala Posts: 3673
True, the worst they can say is no Let me know how you get on and best of luck