Semi-p shared care fees - payment in instalments?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Alexx Posts: 178
Hi all, Just wondering if any of you that recently booked in to hospital can help: Do any of the following hospitals allow you to pay fees in instalments rather than one lump sum at the booking visit? (I want to go semi-p with shared care). Rotunda - €1200 at booking visit? Holles St - €900 - can be paid in three instalments (according to their website). Mt Carmel - Roughly starting at €1600 for the cheapest package. Is this paid upfront? And what does the cheapest package cover? I have Vhi, it's one of the more expensive packages. Thanks, Alex
Fuss Pot Posts: 405
Hi, I am attending Holles St SP, the fees are €500 as I attend a consultant in a satellite clinic in my home town and just go to Holles St. for scans. I was told to pay half at my 14 week scan and the balance has to be paid before you are 26 wks so will be paying the other half at my 21wks scan. So if your fees are €900 I would presume they accept three installments of €300 before 26 wks HTH!!
CherylC Posts: 1071
Not sure about the installments, but I believe you can start to claim back straight away after you pay out the first amount - you don't need to wait till year end or baby arrives. Eg your policy probably allows 300-400 for maternity consultant fees, and you can send in the receipt as soon as you've paid it and should get the money back. Call them to double check if you like.
jewellb Posts: 2389
I'm semi private in HS and I just ring the payment office and pay a bit off at a time Cathy the secretary said you can pay 100 a go if you want I still have 300 to pay so better do that this wk!!
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="Alexx":81b3u83e]Hi all, Just wondering if any of you that recently booked in to hospital can help: Do any of the following hospitals allow you to pay fees in instalments rather than one lump sum at the booking visit? (I want to go semi-p with shared care). Mt Carmel - Roughly starting at €1600 for the cheapest package. Is this paid upfront? And what does the cheapest package cover? I have Vhi, it's one of the more expensive packages. Thanks, Alex[/quote:81b3u83e] I am going to Mount Carmel, I have a good package with the VHI, they give me €3500 towards the cost of the hospital stay. We paid a booking fee of €200 when we booked Mt Carmel, the balance ( i think about €1400 will have to be paid about 10 weeks before the birth of your baby) ..expecting my bill in the post any day now! On top of that you have consultant fees, made payable in 3 installments ( they call them consultant fees ) but you actually pay them the day you go for your 3 scans, €550, €550 and €500. With the VHI you can only claim back €500 from your consultant fee so you cant claim back each consultant fee, you will have to send in your 3 receipts for your consultant fee after baby is born to claim it back. You can also claim back 20% from your MED1 form too. In Mount Carmel you get 5 consultant visits ( you actually see your choose consultant), midwife visits, 2 sets of bloods etc. On my last pregnancy i broke out in a terrible itchy rash on my belly, hands and feet, my consultant sent me to get more bloods done and i had to pay for these, this was not included in the cost. So any additional scans or bloods you may need to get done you will have to pay for these upfront..If you have any more questions just ask! Hope this helps!
Steph2 Posts: 1044
I am currently attending Mt. Carmel under the shared care package. I paid a deposit of €350.00 when I was booking with them. Fees in my case work out as follows:- €4,837.00 for accommodation and delivery, and our VHI covers €4k of this. Like in nelswife's case, our balance is due 10 weeks before due date. So after our VHI grant, we're left with €837.00 of a balance, less the €350.00 already paid - so €487.00 in total left to pay as regards accommodation and delivery fees. Our consultants fees are separate and these total €1,650.00. These are paid in three installments, at each scan visit. So we paid the first €550.00 at our 12 week scan, the second lot will be paid at our 22 week scan, and the last installment will be due at the next scan after that. Pretty much what nelswife detailed in her post too. If you want to PM me your email address, I can forward you all the info I got from Mt. Carmel when I was booking in. They're really nice in the bookings office, so if you were to phone them and tell them you're thinking of Mt. Carmel, they'll ask you what VHI policy you have and they'll mail you with a detailed quote and all the info you need as regards the services they offer under the shared care package. Hope that helps ;o) xxx