semi-private clinic holles st

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Poohead Posts: 193
Hi, just got BFP today and we are thrilled. Now have to decide about consultant etc. Went private in Holles st. on DS and loved the private room, but thinking of semi-private this time and saving some money. Just want to know do you have to wait for long in the semi-private clinics and do you get to see your consultant each time. My last consultant has gone to a different hospital. Have been recommended Dr.Stephen Carroll. any feedback? Thanks
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Haven't heard of him. I'm with Dr. Peter McParland and think he's really lovely. Can't fault him. He's the head of foetal something or other in there. My GP recommended him. He's just a really calm, nice man and he listens! I've never had to wait too long for an appointment. I think 45 minutes was the longest and he was very apologetic. I didn't mind though because he was off delivering twins by emergency C Section. Congrats on your BFP! :o)ll :o)ll
baba2010 Posts: 247
Stephen Carroll is meant to be excellent. My sister went to him for all of hers and was very happy. Congratulations and best of luck!
Pink lady Posts: 90
hi my sister seen s carroll and said he is really nice..im on my second and going semi private again this time different consultant called s higgins...very nice man only met him once as he has been unable to attend last 2 appointments i had. i dont mind cause the replacement doc is always lovely and quick.... but you can wait sometimes for a while in semi private...best thing to do is go in early and get in the que asap...i also do combined so i get to go to the doc every second visit so not in holles street as much...