send save the date cards to evening guests??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

macsmissus Posts: 928
hey everyone!! hav been lookin at a couple of posts on this and get the impression that sending save the date cards to evening guests is not the done thing? What do people think?? I don't want the evening guests thinking they may be invited to the full day but don't want to leave them out completely! Already have my save the date magnets printed up and all and they say 'formal invite to follow' - wanted 'day & evening invites to follow' on them but there wasn't room! they actually look better with the 'formal invite..' bit! appreciate any advice!! :wv
LadyMary Posts: 1050
I never sent save the date cards out, but on evening invites i wouldn't bother if your senting them out! Thats my thought, other wollies might think different.
thanks ladymary, you might be right. And i'm thinking it's not on a week day, its on a Saturday so not like they will have to take a day off the following day or anything like that!!
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Any evening invites I have ever got have been verbal or written ones maybe a month before the wedding. TBH I think you are making extra work for yourself trying to keep two lists etc. and just my opinion but I would be wondering if people might be slightly insulted by an evening save the date? That you are expecting them to keep a date free, for what is, in effect, a couple of hours? Don't get me wrong, this is not my opinion about evening invites being an insult (as some people view them), we gave out a few evening invites to work colleagues etc. But I would not have expected people to organise themselves around us, if they were free they were free and if not, grand :wv
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Do you mean you'd have two different save the date magnets going out? Because if you were just sending the one, people might think they're invited to the full thing then.
Sorry shud hav explained better! i originally wanted the text 'day & evening invites to follow' on the save the date magnet but it wouldn't fit so settled for 'formal invite to follow' instead so i think with just this one it prob best not to send to evening guests?
LadyMary Posts: 1050
I've never recieved save the dates and I never thought twice about giving them out, instead we pumped extra money into our invites and there only gone out a week and the compliments already are great. Senting our invites nearly killed us there is so much work involved, so dont be adding extra work for yourself.
MrsMOnAMission Posts: 376
[quote="clanegal":2yxygcet]Sorry shud hav explained better! i originally wanted the text 'day & evening invites to follow' on the save the date magnet but it wouldn't fit so settled for 'formal invite to follow' instead so i think with just this one it prob best not to send to evening guests?[/quote:2yxygcet] I think if this is the case everyone who gets one will think they are invited to the whole thing so I would just send them to people invited to the whole day and then just casually say it to any afters people
marquise Posts: 595
[quote="Chipstick":3fpc2vyd][quote="clanegal":3fpc2vyd]Sorry shud hav explained better! i originally wanted the text 'day & evening invites to follow' on the save the date magnet but it wouldn't fit so settled for 'formal invite to follow' instead so i think with just this one it prob best not to send to evening guests?[/quote:3fpc2vyd] I think if this is the case everyone who gets one will think they are invited to the whole thing so I would just send them to people invited to the whole day and then just casually say it to any afters people[/quote:3fpc2vyd] I agree. Even though your save the dates don't specify whether it is for the full day or not, people would presume they are invited to the whole day.
happy angel Posts: 928
save date is for full day guests as far as i know