sending small envelopes through the post

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wishicouldelope Posts: 181
Does anyone know the [b:3t9co65m]smallest[/b:3t9co65m]size of envelope that you can send through the post? I had a look on the AnPost website and they mention that 140mm x 90m (huge!!) is the minimum letter size but they sound (on the website anyway) more concerned about letters being too big rather than too small. I wanted to sent little RSVP cards and envelopes with my invitations but wanted them to be a little bigger than half that size (60x110mm). I'm sure I've sent smaller envelopes through the post myself without any trouble but just wondered if anyone else has had any experience of sending smaller envelopes than the stated minimum - did they arrive? any horror stories?
Enchantress Posts: 1509
Sorry, maybe i'm reading this wrong... You want to send our your RSVPs (Small envelopes??) Do you not include the RSVP card in with the invitation?? As I said, maybe i read your post wrong? :lvs
Italy07 Posts: 5409
You should be fine. I made Postcards for my RSVPs and they were about that size and I got them back fine.
MammyC Posts: 3621
You will be grand, ours were small and they all came home to mamma!
waffy Posts: 410
[quote="excitedbride2be":1cafykwd]Sorry, maybe i'm reading this wrong... You want to send our your RSVPs (Small envelopes??) Do you not include the RSVP card in with the invitation?? As I said, maybe i read your post wrong? :lvs[/quote:1cafykwd] I think she means for people sending them back to her...
Mrs Malefesense Posts: 1440
We used A5 size envelopes and they all came back safely. We printed the address to return the RSVP and attached them and the stamp to the envelope so perhaps the fact that the address was quite clear helped in ensuring we got them all back.
wishicouldelope Posts: 181
Thanks for the reassurance. Going to go ahead with the small envelopes - they look lovely though I would have [i:37keq5de]considered[/i:37keq5de] compromising my aesthetic (sigh!) if I thought they would jam up An Post's machines and set the post back for weeks! The tip on printing the address is excellent!! Sorry if I confused you excited bride - basically I am including a response card and a small envelope with each invitation. It's completely unnecessary I know but I'm a control freak :-)
Italy07 Posts: 5409
Your not a control freak, because if you are so am I and I am not. Its just making sure everything is in order. :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0