sensor monitors

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cyberspi Posts: 103
I'm going to use a sensor monitor once baba comes along, but am having problems deciding between the angelcare monitor and the tommee tippee suresound ultimate. has anyone any experiance with these monitors?
pattie Posts: 2379
I checked these out recently on the Which website, they just had an '06 review where the Angel was the only sensor monitor. It was poorly rated on reception and ease of use. The Tommy Tippee Suresound was a Best Buy, that was a non-sensor model, HTH.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
A friend and BIL both have the angel care and said it was brilliant so I think we'll be getting that. Smyths seems to be the cheapest place to get it.
Mrs Mac2be Posts: 571
what is that ?? :-8
jellybaby Posts: 2316
We have the Angel Care, and find it very easy to use....not really sure how anyone could find it difficult to use? It's very reassuring in the early days when having a baby around is so new. DD is just 7 months, and I'd be just as happy now using an ordinary monitor, but it was invaluable for our peace of mind in the early days. Would definitely recommend it..... We did get a bit of a fright last week, when we turned off the monitor end, but forgot to turn off the receiver in the living room, and we could hear a piano playing.... There's no-one in the house next door so we couldn't figure out where it was coming from until we went downstairs. It was picking up the signal from about 4 doors away where they had music playing to their baby :o0 :o0 (that can happen with any monitor though!!)
cyberspi Posts: 103
for those who have the angelcare.. how do you find the battery life on the receiver if you don't plug it into the mains?