September 2008 - Mums to be

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babybrain Posts: 592
Am I the first on here???? Just got our BFP - haven't been able to get to the doc yet..but According to my dates I'm due on September 7th. anyone else??
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Babybrain a big CONGRATULATIONS :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I'm due 27 Aug so I may end up being a Sep Mammy! xxxxx
Hi ya Babycakes Congrats to you too :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I'm still in shock. My doc isn't back til Wednesday so can't get "official" confirmation til then. How are you feeling???? Also - quick question - what should I expect from first visit to doc? do they do an internal? just wondering should I wax ha ha ...time to start paying more attention to that area :o0
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Hey Babybrain, We went to Doc the Friday before Christmas. She was so delighted cause we were her very last appointment and she was so happy she wac confirming a PG! Anyhow, went in, sat down, out to the loo to give a sample, she did a PG test which is nerve wracking cause you really think all those HPT could have been wrong! It took about 2 minutes to come up positive but felt like 2 hours... She weighed me, took my bloodpressure, advised all about the combined care (half care with Doc and half care with hospital). She gave advise on going private v public and that was that. Told me to ring hospital to organise my scan and she'd see me when I was 16 weeks... That was it. No internal, TG!!! I'm going semiprivate in the Rotunda, first scan booked for 31 Mar, nearly died, I'll be 19 weeks. So we have booked a private scan for 11 weeks just to make sure everything is ok and to put our mind at ease. So nerve wracking. The private scan in Mount Carmel did say it was external however if there was any problem they'd go internal.... not looking forward to that! Give whatever hospital you're going with a buzz as soon as you can, after you get it all confirmed with doc, they seem to be booking up so quickly... IT'S SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Hi ya, thanks for the reply. I'm still honestly so shell-shocked I just can't believe it. We had friends there for the weekend..and I found myself in the middle of a conversation with them just zoning out and thinking over and over "i'm pregnant". I just hasn't sunk in yet. I'm afraid to get too excited just yet as it's such early days for me. I did another HPT this morning and was honestly expecting a negative :o0 the fighting over names has already begun though with DH ha ha ha :o0
charli Posts: 5994
i think you are the first Sept mammy that we have heard from!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Congrats to you!! my friend living in Canada just phoned me boxing day too to say she is due 5th Sept, she was the first i had heard of in Sept and you are the first on here i believe start a Sept08 thread!!! thrilled for you! no, dont expect you to have an internal on first GP visit, just checks like PG test, blood pressure, weight etc and talk about plans for your ante natal care
thanks Charli :wv
sinion Posts: 6050
woohoo, look at you over here! Yep, do as Charli says, start the Sept 08 thread! :o)ll :o)ll so delighted for you :xxx
sinion Posts: 6050
doh, just saw the title again and it does say Sept 08 :-8 now you just need to sort out a ticker!
sunshiniest Posts: 303
Congrats babybrain. Best of luck to all those looking for BFPs to be Sept 2008 posters! *)