September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 13

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tigletts Posts: 2904
Nah... going to come in late and leave early definetely :o)ll Dublingal, I think yer man from head office is only coming down to give you a good send off - hopefully anyhow. I also need to do my body bits, and go to the hairdresser too. Want to leave that for as long as possible though, as I know it won't be easy to go after babs is born. But I don't want to leave it too late either and not be able to get it done - I'll be grey ! So.... who's due first in the Sept lot then? I'll have to check the due date list again. :wv
Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Well I think i am 2nd - Spoon is due on the 1st Sept and I am due the 2nd - Havent seen spoon on for the longest time so not sure she is still logging on - I am at home and not getting any pains - apart from kidney infection pains......have felt a few cramps over last week but very random and dont last long so not sure they are of any significance.......just waiting my time out now......think my bump has moved down but will know more when i go to docs next week. Dont have next hospital appointment until 6th Sept....4 days after due date!! but am hoping to see them b4 then!! How is everyone else!!!
I was at the hospital yesterday, and baby's head is not engaged yet, also my bump is still high up. Though they say that doesn't mean much either as it could move down/engage very quickly. I *think* I used to get braxton hicks but not for a while now which would seem strange? No other pains though tg, just a bit uncomfortable.
lucky bella Posts: 88
Hiya, I have another 2 weeks left at work, ending at the end of August. Can't wait. Very big now and finding it hard to get in and out of bed etc. Started my ante natal clases this week, which have been good talking to the other girls. My main ailments at the minute are backache and still getting some aches from my sternum which I broke when I had my car crash 2 months ago. On the rasberry leaf debate, I know two friends that had babies this Summer and both were taking it from about week 37/38. Both went overdue and had to be induced after 10 days. Saying that I don't think it is supposed to bring on labour. I think it just tones up your womb which makes things a bit better when labour does happen. Have got most things now for my hospitall bag, just need to wash the baby clothes and put everything in the bag!! A job for this weekend. Sorry to hear your stuck in hospital for so long, Rocky, take care and hopefully you wont get too bored. I have a hospital appoinment on the 28th and if my baby is still in breech position, he is going to give me a date for a caesarean. Is there any other girls out there whose babies are breech at this stage?
soontohave3 Posts: 160
Hi Girls, Well had a lovely lie on for the first morning off today. It is such a nice feeling to be finished. I'm due the day after you mrs Maternal the 3rd but a scan said the 8th. The consultant is sticking to my dates at the moment though. Babys head is down too but not engaged so there's a way to go yet. Have no pains and as i was saying in an earlier post not sure if i've been getting the braxton hicks or not - sometimes get a tightening sensation but it doesn't last long enough to know what it is. Tiggletts and Dublin Gal enjoy your last day tomorrow and more importantly enjoy the rest once your off xx
boobies Posts: 1625
Hi girls, Just wondered do ye all know what ye are having?? I cant wait to find out now......
Moniebravo Posts: 22
Hiya Girls, Raspberry tea doesn't really work to bring on labour, I tried everything, including castor oil :eek , in the end she came out when she was good and ready. Think I'll just stick to walking and bouncing on my birthing ball this time :o)ll For first time mums, the baby can engage anytime from 36wks. Chloe engaged at 38wks so I wouldn't worry if yours hasn't yet. It can also happen just before you go into labour, but that happens more often with second ect pregnancies. I had braxton hicks from about 34wks with Chloe and started having them last week with this one. Some are just tightenings and some can be painful. I remember with Chloe, I went to hospital 3 times because I thought I was in labour. Was 1 1/2cm dialated for 2 1/2wks so decided to wait until my waters broke before deciding I was in labour. Only took 5hrs after that :o0 I've found out I'm having another girl. Got Chloe's 2nd birthday on 27th August so hopefully she'll wait until after that to come out. I had another scan yesterday to check her size and this time she's bigger than dates! They're keeping to my due date though as she's only showing a week over (36wks) Got another scan on 30th so we'l see how much she's grown. Hopefully she won't be as big as Chloe who was 8lb 9oz. Not too big, but big enough! All set now and starting to get excited :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll We're putting the car seat in next week and taking my labour bag with us up North just incase. Anyone thought about pain releif yet? Think I'm going to stick to gas and air again, and hope it does only take half the time. I'm knackered at the moment as I'm apparently anaemic, and running round after Chloe doesn't help! Getting some pelvic pain but otherwise not too bad. So, where would be the worst place your waters could break? :-8
I like the surprise now of not knowing what we're going to have :o)ll I've thought lots about pain relief and have decided to play it by ear at the moment, I want to try and avoid induction at all costs, and if I do have to be induced think I'll ask outright for the epi. It seems it's deffo much worse being induced. As to the worst place your waters could break, gosh dunno.... anywhere outside of my own home :o0
Hi Girls.... well I spent last night in the hospital. Had a slight bleed yesterday morning, so they decided to keep me in as a precaution, as I'm also RH negative. They did an internal, and I had a scan this morning so saw babs again :lvs He/she is now 6lb8 apparently. Anyhow, bleeding stopped so all okay again, but I'm knackered, didn't sleep a wink in the hospital ward. Hope all the Sept Mums are keeping well?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
[quote="Tigletts":t2n3hspj]Hi Girls.... well I spent last night in the hospital. Had a slight bleed yesterday morning, so they decided to keep me in as a precaution, as I'm also RH negative. They did an internal, and I had a scan this morning so saw babs again :lvs He/she is now 6lb8 apparently. Anyhow, bleeding stopped so all okay again, but I'm knackered, didn't sleep a wink in the hospital ward. Hope all the Sept Mums are keeping well?[/quote:t2n3hspj] hey Tigletts, Sorry to hear you had a bit of a scare! I thought you'd be having your feet up and enjoying your leave to the max! Glad all is well. Mind yourself now and, as everyone keeps telling me, try to get as much sleep as you can!