September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 17

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
I have to say Mrs. Maternal's story kind of scared me! I know it would be better to go early rather than late but I've kind of resigned myself to at least getting to my due date or a few days later and I would get such a shock now if I went early!!! Tigletts can you tell yourself if the head is engaged do you know? Doc told me it should start happening over the next couple of weeks but I don't feel any different- that said I think I'm carrying quite low now, which I didn't think before. ARe you supposed to feel a "lightening" sensation or something? I wonder did the raspberry leaf tea help Mrs. M? Started drinking some there the other day!
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hi Sphynx, I don't know to be honest if you should know yourself if the babys head is engaged or not. I'm carrying very high up though and still am, can't breath, and this cold isn't helping me. So I suppose I should feel when baby goes down. I'll ask again on Wednesday. Where did ye all get this raspberry tea anyhow? I'm trying to walk everyday. Walked about an hour today along the beach which was nice even if I was knackered ! I'm hoping gravity will do the trick. Going to read my book again now too, it's been a while. Though Ted said that her labour was [i:12gnelu2]nothing[/i:12gnelu2] like it said in the books, not sure what she meant by that :eek Oh god it's days like today I think what have I let myself in for, I could be out in the garden with a big glass of wine and a fag right now :o0 :o0
Tigletts my mam got me the tea in the health shop - the lady there asked her if it was for a human or an animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently people give it to b i t c h e s and mares when they're having their young!!! :eek :eek :eek
[quote="Sphynx":3ipj2biq]Tigletts my mam got me the tea in the health shop - the lady there asked her if it was for a human or an animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently people give it to b i t c h e s and mares when they're having their young!!! :eek :eek :eek[/quote:3ipj2biq] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I don't recall my Dad ever buying it on the farm, but I'll ask my Mum !!
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi all, I'm at home now, and you know I haven't relaxed one bit! Since finishing work I've been cleaning like a demon! And catching up on all the stuff I never get a chance to do with work. I may make the most of this week as its back to school next wee - making lunches, school run and the dreaded homework O:| Going to gynae on Friday and will get my induction date for the following week then :eek Everything is ready, bag packed, cot at end of bed, (so DH can get used to walking around when half asleep on way to loo :o0 ), clothes ready, everything ready except me! We still have to agree on a boys name - neither of us want the others fav so we will have to compromise on something else. Feeling very uncomfy at night now, but sure its not long. Really looking forward to knocking back a few beers :o0 Am I awful - I'm not an alco honest :-8 Can't wait to see baby, and my feet too! I'm feeling so clumsy and big I'm just laughing at myself now. How is everyone else?
[quote="Desert-Moon":1m7pqco1]Hi all, I'm at home now, and you know I haven't relaxed one bit! Since finishing work [b:1m7pqco1]I've been cleaning like a demon[/b:1m7pqco1]! And catching up on all the stuff I never get a chance to do with work. I may make the most of this week as its back to school next wee - making lunches, school run and the dreaded homework O:| Feeling very uncomfy at night now, but sure its not long. [b:1m7pqco1]Really looking forward to knocking back a few beers[/b:1m7pqco1] :o0 Am I awful - I'm not an alco honest :-8 How is everyone else?[/quote:1m7pqco1] Cleaning like a demon eh? sounds like nesting!!!!!!!!! Bet you won't need to be induced at all! :o0 Re. the drink I'm the exact same. Really looking forward to just enjoying one nice long drink - more for the relaxing effect than anything else. It's so so hard to relax properly these days. Have you thought of going for a pregnancy massage or a nice pedicure or something like that?
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
MMMMmmm, thanks for reminding me. I meant to book a facial for this week, and I guess a pedicure wouldn't go astray seeing as I can barely reach feet myself. At least when my feet are yanked up in the air they'll look nice! :o0
[quote="Desert-Moon":34ny6lqe]MMMMmmm, thanks for reminding me. I meant to book a facial for this week, and I guess a pedicure wouldn't go astray seeing as I can barely reach feet myself. [b:34ny6lqe]At least when my feet are yanked up in the air they'll look nice![/b:34ny6lqe] :o0[/quote:34ny6lqe] :o0 :o0 :o0 Finding it hard to sleep here too as you can see by the time ! And this bloody cold of mine isn't helping O:|
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
oh my god girls I can't believe it's almost Sept. How are you all feeling??? I remember when most of you got your bfp and it really doesn't seem that long ago. Best wishes for the next few weeks. Enjoy the last of your spare time for a while!!
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
THanks alot Rocket Queen....quite uncomfortable by now though....but canĀ“t wait *) Tigletts....really hope your cold gets better soon...could you imagine going into labour with a cold :eek