September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 19

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boobies Posts: 1625
all fine here thank God. Not sleeping great though and seem to be getting up to loo alot more at night time. Have hospital appointment tomorrow. The time just seems to be flying can't wait to finish work now. Congrats Mrs. Maternal and Rocky, Im sure it will all be worth it... take care
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Morning all.... my cold seems to be finally getting better, still very much there but not as bad. So slept last night from about 10.30 right through to 4am! Wooohooo !! Wish I could sleep more but there's so much going through my little head. We bought a car yesterday (our first car !!!) so we're very excited today anyhow going to pick that up. We're like kids with a new toy!! We decided we need one now a) for baby, and b) when we move to the west. Had my hospital appt yesterday, all okay. Head not engaged yet though. But I don't know if that means I'll go over my DD or not. Will try and get some raspberry tea today or tomorrow, might as well give that a go anyhow. Hope you're all well :wv
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Tigletts....good to know all went well at your appointment. did you get a scan? I just bought the raspberry tea there a week ago in the pharmacy, it doesn´t taste that great, but hey, anything that we think could help to speed on labour :o0
DublinGal Posts: 151
Tiglets, well done on the car. Mine is acting up now so must get it sorted asap. Will have to get the rasberry tea too, tried 2 shops yesterday and they didn't have any. I was getting lots and lots of pressure pains yesterday evening and last night. I honestly thought something was starting to happen, but haven't had any since going to bed. Do any of you get a really sharp pain really low down, it kind of feels like a stabbing pain. I had 3 last night in a row a few mins apart, it really freaked me out. Then another one a little while later. I didn't think i was in labor but really thought it may have started during the night, didn't sleep much because of it and nothing happened.
Hi all. Dublingal, I'm getting nothing at all, no pains, niggles, zilch. A bit of pressure when I first start walking but it loosens up after a bit if that makes sense. I think the sharp stabs you're feeling is the way your baby is lying. I kind of worry too that I won't know when it actually happens, though everyone says you'll know a contraction when you get one *gulp* We'll have to do a 'dry run' in the car to the hospital, just to make sure DH knows the quickest route !!! There's no parking as such in the Rotunda tho it seems which is a bit of a pain. What's he supposed to do, drop me at the front door?? :eek Heavenleigh, how are you today? I didn't have a scan they only do them here if there's a need. But all's well according to the Dr. who took all of 2' to examine me, but I suppose no news is good news. Boobies.... Lucky... Ms Positive... how are you all doing? And all the other Sept Mammies 2b I'm forgetting :wv
lucky bella Posts: 88
Hi Everyone, I'm finishing up work today, can't wait til 5.30!!! We moved house recently and haven't got the computer sorted out yet and when we do it will be dial up so I wont be online as much as I have been at work. So I wanted to wish everyone the best of luck over the next few weeks, saying that i'll be dying to hear of all these babies so I'll be popping in and out! O-O Lucky Bella x
Lucky enjoy the time off. I can't believe I've only one week to go, I honestly don't know where the time is going to. Shame you won't be online too much, I hope you'll be able to login and give us your news though when the time comes. :thnk :xxx Tomorrow is the first day of September girls :eek :eek
DublinGal Posts: 151
hi all, hope you are all well. I can't believe my ticker says 1 day left!!! tigletts, there is space at the front of the rotunda, you know where the reception is, well the midwife doing my antenatal classes said that when we are coming in to have baby, to dump car there until i get settled, thats what all the space is for there. she said not to be worrying about driving around looking for parking. hubby can go out after a bit and get parking. maybe even stick a note on the dash to say just dropping off women in labor, something like that.
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Hi girls.... I am still hanging round here as well...thought I felt funny period like pains today but they are gone again :eek Will just have to hang on then eventhough I just can´t wait anymore somehow...anybody feeling as unpatient as me??? Did you get your new car already and went for a wee test drive Tigletts? Hope all the rest of the September club is doing fine :thnk
Girls... this is it, it's SEPTEMBER :eek :eek :eek :eek Dublingal, DDAY for you today pet !! I wonder how Mrs Maternal and Shorty are getting on. Heavenleigh, I don't have any twinges whatsoever.... I'm not too impatiant, while I'm dying to meet baby, I'm still so terrified and can't come to grips with labour that I don't mind waiting :-8 but the time is flying by I find. We took the car out already just to the shops though, but today or tomorrow we're going to go for a spin up the coast :o)ll