September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 20

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Thats right Girls....September today !!! So he September club can really start now...All nervous now... Tigletts...sounds lovely, enjoy your wee trip to the sea, it might be the last one where you´re in the car just Dh and yourself :o0 wondering too how the newly baked September mammies are getting on *s* Good luck to the whole September Club anyway, in case some of yous are in labour already right now..
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hi Heavenleigh and all the other Sept M2Bs. I wonder where Dublingal is, I don't think she was on for a few days :eek :eek One more week to go for me, if not more or less of course, I feel like Desert Moon, so UNready. Slept much better and longer last night though. Will really try and relax this week and build up 'pushing' strength :o0
Hi there girls, just bumping this up to see if all of the September mammies are still there :o0 Well, me still is...keep thinking i get twinges in my lower tummy at night which are a bit painful but nothing happens after that and every morning I am still here...How are all of yous getting on??? :wv
Hello all... I'm still here too, can't believe my ticker says only 7 days :eek I've no twinges or anything. Still feel babs is very high up. I've another appt at the hospital on Wednesday so I guess we'll see what they say then. Heavenleigh looks like there's only you and me on this thread at the moment, dunno where everyone's gone !! :thnk :wv
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Tigletts my cousin told me today her first baby's head didn't engage until she went into labour! I keep waiting for this dropping sensation to occur but no sign yet! Wonder where DublinGal is??!!! I'm just joining in here now and again as my due date is October 1 but after reading Mrs. Maternal's story who knows I may well be a September mammy! :eek Did you try the raspberry leaf tea yet? Am going to make some now. Have to put lashings of honey into it or I can't stomach it!
No I keep forgetting to buy the tea. I think I'm so scared of the birth/labour that subconsiously I don't want to do anything to make things happen but in the same way I want it over with if that makes any sense? God I'm such a chicken :-8 It's nice out today though so I'll go for a walk again, didn't yesterday. Yes I'm wondering where Dublingal is too. Sphynx, isn't it too early for you to be drinking the tea tho??? :eek
Tigletts I've read that you can build from drinking one cup of tea a day from about 35 weeks to four a day by week 40 :eek :eek :eek So I started on one cup a day last week. Like you I am terrified of the birth and when people say to me "I bet you wish it was happening tomorrow", I just look at them blankly!!! I wouldn't want to do anything to bring it on earlier than it's supposed to happen!!! I think the tea is just supposed to help make the contractions easier when they happen (who knows, might be a load of rubbish!) rather than bring on labour. That said, Mrs. Maternal was posting here about drinking the tea shortly before she went I think!!!
Ah feck it I'll get some on Weds when I'm in town. I don't want to go 14 days over like Ted either :eek The cat in your signature looks just like our Tigger btw :wv
[quote="Tigletts":1t0si16e]Ah feck it I'll get some on Weds when I'm in town. I don't want to go 14 days over like Ted either :eek [b:1t0si16e]The cat in your signature looks just like our Tigger[/b:1t0si16e] btw :wv[/quote:1t0si16e] She looks just like my last and bestest cat too (RIP) Think I'll be getting a kitten again once the baby is big enough for DH not to be constantly fretting over the cat sitting on the child's face etc! Do you think your poor Tigger will be very put out by the new arrival?
Tigletts...thats right..everybody seems to be gone or maybe they are all gone early and we are the only ones left :eek Sphynx...yepp,who knows, you might be a September mammy as well *s* I hate the taste of the raspberry tea as well, but I hope it helps somehow anyway *)