September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 21

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tigletts Posts: 2904
Sphynx, I think she'll be fine, she's more DH's baby than mine, she prefers his cuddles 'n stuff. So I think as long as he makes sure she's not ignored it'll be okay. I took the pram out at the weekend so as she'd get used to it, she sniffed round it a bit and has ignored it since!! For you yes, it's probably best to wait till baby's there before getting a kitten, in that way the kitten will know baby was there first instead of the other way round iykwim. Heavenleigh, don't go anywhere without me okay, don't wanna be on my own :eek :eek :o0
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Heavenleigh a friend of mine in Germany was also told that Marigold tea is great for helping to heal down below after the birth - have you heard that too?
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Sphynx, yepp, I heard that as well...Marigold seems to be very good after birth used as a tea (you can get it as a cream as well) and also witch hazel seems to help alot if you had stitches. So i will definately get some of them eventhough I still hope i wont need stitches and will feel great after...but that´s probably just me dreaming away :o0 Anyway, just noticed that since I am not at work anymore I seem to be hanging on here all the time... :o0 Tigletts...nah, I won´t be going nowhere, don´t worry,,,I would have to log on here first to see if it is only a false alarm or if its right contractions...by the time i did this it is probably too late to reac hospital (I wish it would go that fast) :o0 So all the other September mammies come out now please from wherever you´re hiding...
Esketti Posts: 936
Hi girls I'm still here too! Tomorrow is D Day for me and I have an apt in the hospital so hopefully they'll be able to tell me if things are gonna happen soon! :eek The head engaged two weeks ago with me, so I think I was thinkin to myself that I would go early, which is more annoying than anything because it drags it out even more! I'm at the stage now where I'm just expecting the worst! as in I will go right over and they'll have to induce me to start labour. That way I wont be wrecking my head with every pain and twinge I get thinkin its labour starting. I have to say I am starting to get really irritable now every time the phone rings! I know it sounds so bad, but so far today I have had 4 "any movement" phonecalls O:| O:| NOOOOOOOO there is no movement and if there was do you think I'd be answering the phone :o( Sorry maybe its the hormones taking over, but I just said to DH that I am gonna screen my calls now if thats what I'm gonna have to listen to over the next however many days. Cos I will explode if anyone else asks me when do I think I'll go! Anyway apart from all of that. I still havent had the "cleaning urge" with being off the house needs nothing doing anyway but you know the way you hear of the urge to clean ridiculous things! Hasnt happened yet, and I suppose I look at it like until that happens, I wont pass comment on any more of my twinges or feelings! Anyway hows everyone else?
MRSWJ Posts: 540
Hi MRSKP Any movement yet??......................I am totally kidding, please don't kill me :o0 Just wanted to hi while you were on. Poor you, he will arrive soon don't you worry. I don't think you'll go too over (please god) and you'll have your wonderful son in your arms in no time. Eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk its so exciting. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I miss you in here, come back :o( Best of luck to all you other September Mammies :wv
Esketti Posts: 936
MRSWJ the only movement will be a swift kick up the beeeeeehind for you :o0 Keep your fingers crossed for me will ya! And no I will not come back! My god I'm only just getting used to the fact that I dont have to see that place for months and months! yeeeeehhhaaawwww! You dyin for your hols?
MRSWJ Posts: 540
Aw ok, I'll try manage without you. :o( Yeah dying for the hols :o)ll :o)ll but you better have the babs before I go :o( If you don't you'll have to promise me that you'll send a text (hope my phone works) I'll keep everything crossed for you chicken and say a little prayer that he pops out tomorrow on time :o0 :wv :xxx
Hi MRSKP.... so having the head engaged is neither here nor there then. I don't think they can tell in the hospital either to be honest when it'll come. I remember with my SIL (about 9 years ago tho in fairness) she went in for her appt and Dr said see you again next week definetely and she went into labour that night ! I don't have the cleaning urge either, though I did clean out the spare room a bit today. I'm waiting for the nesting to kick in, no point in cleaning stuff beforehand, might as well take advantage of it :o0 Anyhow... I reakon Dublingal is gone or I'm sure she would have been on today or yesterday.
Bumpity...bump..... :wv Morning all... still the same here. I went for a walk yesterday and felt more pressure than usual, but I guess that was just the way the baby was lying or something. How are all the others today?
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Hi there girls.... just to let you know you´re not the only one...me is still here as well....by now fed up as well with people ringing in asking if we have any news O:| Really can´t wait anymore to get it behind me and hold the wee man...was at doc today, head is engaged...but as I learnt from this forum this means nothing...So we will just wait and see... Tigletts...doc told me too to do loads of walks, but it´s very rainy here this last while...will see I might go for a wee walk tonight.. Just thinking of DesertMoon hoping all goes well for her today *)