September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 4

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hi Anastasia :wv God that is a load you're carrying ! When are you finishing work? I think you'll probably give birth before 38 weeks no? Don't most twins go early. Mind yourself in any case. I'm fine, feeling tired and a bit uncomfy sometimes with heartburn and really short of breath, but no complaints really. My replacement started this week so am showing her the ropes, so hopefully in a few weeks time I can totally hand over to her and take a back seat. Only another 5 weeks to work, yipeeeee :o)ll Getting excited and nervous at the same time. How's everyone else? Mrs Mat? Shorty? Haven't seen them in a while. maybe they're on hols. :wv :thnk
madmam Posts: 1294
Hey Tigs, I'm never that far away! Heartburn really bothering me, and no one seems to be able to tell me whether I have a kidney/bladder infection or not! IF I get asked to repeat another urine sample I will scream! Apart from being tired from getting up 5 or 6 times a night to pee, I have been feeling fine! Although I am getting nervous now! Have had cot in baba's room for ages but haven't had the courage to put it together yet! Bellybutton under severe pressure now, it may pop any day! Thats my news - hows everyone else? :wv
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Hi there girls, me is here too :o0 Basically doing fine....fighting with loads of bladder infections as well though :o( But grand at the moment, baby seems to grow fine and keeps kicking...bump is getting really big now and bellybutton popped already...poor me :o( Can´t really get comfy at night and after the weeks of rain the weather forescast says it will be 35 degrees from tomorrow on...so that wouldn´t be much help either...Feeling grand apart from that and soo excited about the birth and meeting the wee one...will have to pack my bag at the weekend too... Hope the rest of you are fine :wv
Esketti Posts: 936
Hi girls, glad to hear your all coping well! I haven’t got too many complaints! The usual tiredness due partly to getting up 5/6 times every night to pee and just in general being quite uncomfortable in bed and stuff! Cant seem to get into a comfy position no matter what I do! Belly button also feels like its gonna pop any day now! Although I do still have my belly bar in! Maybe I should take it out. :o( We got a lot of stuff over the last few weeks, crib, changing unit, bouncer, pram, lots of clothes and baby gros etc cute little socks and booties! We’re getting new windows put in today, so we held off on painting the nursery until that was in place, so Saturday we’re gonna spend painting it and putting up the curtains and just finishing it off! I cant wait to see it all done up. I’m finding walking a real struggle lately. I used to walk to the office from the train now I get the bus up from outside the station! And I also get it down to the train in the evenings! I just cant seem to walk its very uncomfortable. :-8 I had lovely attractive swollen ankles and hands over the wkend, but it seems to have died down now. I wasn’t supposed to finish up for maternity leave until 20th August, but they have now told me I cant carry any hols over, so I have to take them all now, which means I am finished up Friday fortnight! I was a bit peeved at first didn’t want to be off for too long but TBH I am really looking forward to it now as I am so tired after the long day in work and travelling! We have a lot of work being completed on our house at the moment anyway (we’ve been getting an extension/new bathroom/new windows/flooring) so it means I can keep on top of the house being sorted rather than letting it go to wreck and ruin after the builders!! Other than that I have nothing else to report. Not long left now girls till we have or little bundles! :lvs :lvs :o)ll :o)ll
Hey girls, Do ye feel like baba is getting quieter now? Obviously there is less room in there now. I feel like there is less kicks and more wiggles now. I tend to feel the movements inside rather than out, because baba's head is down (always has been down), and his back is to my front, so I get all the elbows, knees and toes on my insides, which hurt now! Don't get much chance to show off his acrobatics! Although I like putting the remote on my tummy and watching him move it about! Sometimes he even shoves it off my belly altogether, very sweet! :lvs
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Morning all.... :wv My little one's still fairly active. Head's down too, I actually feel tickles quite often, doesn't hurt, yet in any case! Though babs is starting to lodge its foot under my ribs these days. Must be very cramped in there. DH feels it too if he lies with his back to my tummy in bed :lvs :lvs :lvs
Oh, I love it when DH gets that, it is very sweet! I was quite concerned over the weekend that he was too quiet, so went to have a tracing done just to be sure. He is fine, was having a restful weekend - God knows, he is making up for it now! Ouch! :lvs
soontohave3 Posts: 160
hi girls, Good to hear your all keeping well. Shorty i too get a lot of periods when babs is very quiet but then he more than makes up for it at other times. Was at the doctor today and the head is down now too which is good to know. had a bit of a scare last week as started to bleed. Went up to Holles St. and they were so lovely was sent to the delivery suite(at least i know what to expect now for the real event) as is routine with any problems once you pass 30 weeks i was told. They done a scan and tracing of the heart beat and all is fine thank god. the doctor thinks it might have been a slight tear in the placenta but not sure. I haven't had any bleeding since so hopefully that is the end of it. I got my act together at last and packed the bag for the labour ward at the weekend. i 'll organise the other bag nearer the time. MrsKP i know what your saying about walking. I find it really unconfortable lately too. i keep getting shooting pains down my legs thinks babs is sitting on a nerve or someething. Also where we live is full of hills so get really breathless after only a few mins. only 5 more weeks in work. i can't wait to finish, i'm counting down every day. looking forward to hearing how you all are over the next few weeks. It's great to read the July mum's thread its so exciting.... Just think that will be us in a few weeks!!!!
Yeah Ms. positive (I like the name!), I am used to him being quiet alright, but never was he quiet for that length of time! Have a few tricks up my sleeve for next time though! What has people done with their nurseries? I can't seem to get DH to do anything...... O:|
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Well girls, I am over here in Germany and the big heat has finally arrived. 35 degrees for the last two days so I am not able to sleep a wink at night and am constantly feeling warm and tired. Apart from that all is grand...felt something like a wee foot in my tummy yesterday :lvs Started washing some baby clothes yesterday and really need to pack a wee bag together now soon. Hope the rest of the september gang is doing fine. Also going for a scan tomorrow, so looking forward to that *)