September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 6

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Hi again girls... Scan two days ago went well and lil bean is lying in the right position head down already *s* So we are happy about that and hoping it will not turn again :o0 Anyway, apart from that feeling grand except the constant bladder infections :o( Hope you are all doing fine. Sorry to hear what happened to you Mrs Maternal, but you are right, it´s most important that you, DH, and lil bean are okay... Hope to hear from you all soon :wv
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hello all.... Mrs Maternal, so sorry to hear what happened, your DH is right though, but I know it's very upsetting and you do feel violated. I'm fine, was at the hospital yesterday for a check up and all's well. Only 4 more weeks to work too, yipeeeee :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Morning girls, how are all the Sept Mammies today? Shorty hope you're feeling better and over your cold and infection. I'm fine, no complaints, just so nervous about the birth, I feel the time is almost going too quickly and I'm not ready to face it... fears about me not being able to cope as a Mum and all that. Washed all the baby stuff last night, all the little clothes sheets etc. Still need to pack my bag, but I have time. Also still haven't bought a steraliser or a few bottles (hoping BF will work for me). I'm sure there's other stuff I've forgotten too. Having more and more strange dreams, and tossing and turning at night. Look forward to hearing how the rest of you are doing. :wv :thnk :xxx
Esketti Posts: 936
Hi girls, I'm feeling fine apart from feeling major pressure pains now, but apart from that I am ok. Had an apt in the hospital yesterday and they said there was protein in my urine, so I had to leave them with another sample before I left and they will call me before the end of the week? Has this happened to anyone else? She said to watch for swelling of my ankles, hands or face. I told her my hands and ankles have been swelling but not my face, so we'll see what happens there. Also I wonder if anyone could help me out with this one! I was woken up during the night last night with what I can only describe as a really bad stinging pain in my stomach. It felt like my stomach had been cut open and was stinging the life out of me, it was very painful and because it happened in my sleep I was obviously whining in pain which woke DH up too! :-8 But I couldnt describe what was happening properly? It only lasted for maybe a minute. This morning its fine, it actually feels cold on the area that it happened? Baby has been very active again today so I'm not worried on that score, but just a bit concerned as to what the stinging could be? Anyone??? :o(
Hi Mrs... can't help you on either of those I'm afraid. Could it be that baby was lying on a nerve though? Hope you feel better today.
soontohave3 Posts: 160
hi Girls, Just back from the doc and all is well with the little one thank god. I too have loads of pressure pain though especially when i walk .... its so uncomfortable. He says it might be SPD but nothing i do will relieve it until i deliver. Guess i'll just suffer on. Mrskp Was the burning pain lower down in the stomach if so it might be a urinary tract infection or cystytis from the pressure of babs. If so this could cause protein in urine too so its problem what they will test for in the hospital. Hope it settles down soon. Tiggletts i'm the opposite to you i just feel the time is going so slowly. I think it's just because i'm so looking forward to finishing work that i think it will never come about. But yeah i'm getting very nervous about the birth and actually being parents. I keep having dreams that the child falls from my arms which is freaking me out. Hope everyone else is doing well x
Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Hi everyone I am keeping well these days - am tired as am up and down a lot to toilet but infection seems to be gone - have hospital appointment tomorrow so looking forward to that - they will prob measure and give me an estimate of weight of babs - defo feel a lot bigger these days though to date have only put on 18lb. I had written about organising my hospital bag at 24 weeks and couldnt wait til 30 weeks to do it and i still havent done it - have most of stuff needed gathered up and will get last few bits tomorrow and friday and then will get washing baby clothes and put all into bags over weekend- was thinking of having 2 separate bags - a small one for labour and then a slightly bigger one for after. Is anyone else doing that. I am hoping to breastfeed also but have to admit i get days were i feel like maybe i wont do it right and get anxious about it - I am a worrier by nature and i suppose when you bottle feed you can see how much is taken whereas with breast you cant tell...also my breasts havent leaked once - are not overly sensitive and i am worried they may not produce enough milk. Is anyone else like this? Getting a fair amount of twinges down low and had one this morning which took me 5 minutes to get rid off - i couldnt get off the seat - it took my breath away.....prob body preparing itself . Is anyone else hiring a TENS machine - I am going to ask hospital tomorrow if they have them or whether i need to look about hiring one. How is everyone else keeping!!! Oh and only7 more working days after today for me and i can't wait!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
soontohave3 Posts: 160
Hi mrs Maternal, I'm not sure about the whole breast feeding thing either. I'd like to think i will be able to do it and certainly will give it a go but it does worry me that i won't be able to. I think there is a lot of pressure on women to try it . On my very first visit to the hospital at six weeks when i attended with bleeding and had already been told twice i had miscarried the midwife asked me was i going to breast feed. It really upset me as i didn't even know if the baby was still going to be there and it kind of got my back up about the whole breast feeding issue. I had my full day anti natal class last Sun which was really good but again when it came to breast feeding the lady was so pro it and the 3 other women who attended were all on second babies and were all for it. They run a breast feeding support group. I just felt what if it doesn't work out and i can't do it. Where is the support for other mums who aren't breast feeding. What do others think about this?
Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Hiya all - just thought i would bump this up to see how you are all keeping - I have a fair bump on me now - and baby wriggling about in there - not so much kicking as wriggling - but lovely and comforting at same time - have had no braxton hicks at all.......is anyone else the same? Tigletts did you get anything sorted out about your house - I havent been able to get onto site much so havent been able to reply to half the messages i want to - I am finishing up work next week!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll WOOHOO!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Hi there girls, hope you are all feeling fine still...bump is quite big now so I´m out of breath many times these days :o0 Mrs Maternal...I had no Braxtons so far either...or maybe I just didn´t notice??? My first day off on Maternity Leave here now in Germany....going to visit GP today to see if babs is growing okay and maybe he can let me know also if I can have a natural birth due to my kidneys, cos that´s what I want to go for...so fingers crossed all will be okay today... Can´t wait to hear how all the fellow September mummies to be are getting on :wv