September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 7

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hi girls.... thanks for asking Mrs Mat. Well... we gotta move end of story, but we can stay till about end Oct/mid november. That means babs would be about 6 weeks old. There's no way we could afford to buy the house. When we moved back from abroad we wanted to live in the west eventually, so now we're thinking maybe we should just do that. I don't have to be back to work here until end of May next year. So if it works out I may just give up work, things are far cheaper out there etc. We'll see. I guess now is as good an opportunity as any to give it a go. I dread packing and moving and looking after a wee baby but what can you do, we've no choice now. And have to look on the bright side and maybe everything will work out for the best. Apart from that I'm fine. Two more weeks to go till I finish in work :o)ll I think I've been getting braxton hicks for a while now, just feels like a tightening of the tummy? Maybe I'm wrong tho :-8 Still very nervous of the labour itself but looking forward to meeting our baby :lvs Hope everyone else is well? All those July babies...eh? Only seems like Tedsters left but she must have had hers by now too, I miss those girls !
madmam Posts: 1294
Hi Girls, Havent been around in a week, cos I have been in hospital! My waters broke last monday (such a shock), so went to hospital where I was kept for observation. I have been let out now, but labour could start any time, and quickly. Basically, baba isn't that safe in there anymore, as infection could make him (and me) very sick and I will have to give birth straight away! I now have to keep an eye on my temps, take antibiotics and go in to be traced every other day. Have had the weirdest week ever - am glad to be out, but getting cramps etc as we speak, and just hope that this little man will hang on until at least 34 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me gals, will check in in a couple of days. Hope your pregnancies are not as eventful as mine! :eek
soontohave3 Posts: 160
Hi Girls, Shorty sorry to hear that, make sure you take good care of your self and rest as much as possible. Best of luck with everything over the next few weeks i'll be thinking of you and will say a little prayer to keep you and your precious little one safe. Good luck xx
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Oh Shorty, pg you and the baby will be fine pet. There's no reason why not. Mind yourself and I'll be thinking of your over the next few days. PG you'll have good news for us soon. xxxxx :thnk :xxx
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Shorty mind yourself. Will be thinking of your especially over the next while. Keep us posted if you can. Am sure all will be well and you may just have your little bundle of joy in your arms a little earlier than expected. :xxx
boobies Posts: 1625
Shorty, fingers crossed for you.....
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="shorty":2rv6roao]Hi Girls, Havent been around in a week, cos I have been in hospital! My waters broke last monday (such a shock), so went to hospital where I was kept for observation. I have been let out now, but labour could start any time, and quickly. Basically, baba isn't that safe in there anymore, as infection could make him (and me) very sick and I will have to give birth straight away! I now have to keep an eye on my temps, take antibiotics and go in to be traced every other day. Have had the weirdest week ever - am glad to be out, but getting cramps etc as we speak, and just hope that this little man will hang on until at least 34 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me gals, will check in in a couple of days. Hope your pregnancies are not as eventful as mine! :eek[/quote:2rv6roao] OMG was wondering where you were! Take care and I hope baby holds off for a while longer,goes to show anything can happen unexpectedly
Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Shorty - just wanted to say take care of yourself and all the best for your labour - hope your babs is too comfy to make an appearance just yet....my thoughts are with you!!
lucky bella Posts: 88
Am thinking of you, Shorty, hope all goes well for you. I think there's just a day or two beween our dates. Take care. Good to hear about all the Sept mum to bes. I've been off the forum for a long while myself, was off work there for 5 weeks. I had a car crash, I was driving and the airbag and works came out at impact. The car was wrote off but thank god every seems good with the baby. I fractured my sternum so have had to be in bed most of the time. Thankfully I'm now back at work and have 4 weeks left before I go on my maternity leave. Went for scan yesterday and the baby is still in the breech position. Doc reckons with first mum probably wont turn at this stage and if the same in 4 weeks time will give me a date for c section! Something I hadn't given too much thought to before, cos you always tend to think of the natural delivery. Anyway whatever will be will be.
madmam Posts: 1294
Thanks girls, Well I went for a check up at the hospital today and they are happy with me, so all seems well! Thanks for your well wishes. The little man is still hanging in there, roll on next wed when I will be 34 weeks, I won't mind then, his little lungs should be well enough formed by then. I still can't believe this has happened - nothing like this runs in our family. I think I had too much amniotic fluid in there to start with, as levels are near enough normal even after losing a lot of it! It is quite funny though - i was like a deflated balloon after the initial loss - my bump was way smaller! My belly button was about to pop, now it has gone right back in again! I have to say the girls in UCHG are brilliant, and being in there for a week has cured my insomnia I think! Although people have said having a baby will cure it anyhow! Anyway, glad to hear everyone else is good, and take care of yourself Lucky Bella, you are living up to your name! :wv