September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 10

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Hi Girls, Well, what a week its been! I mentioned I had been getting cramps down low - well, that was labour! They got a lot worse last fri night, so went in for a routine checkup on sat morning, 8 am as I was thinking it could be something more than just cramps, as I had been up all night with them, getting more painful and closer together. Well, I was looked at by the doc and wasn't dilated, but was told I would go into labour most probably. Well! An hour and a half later I was in such agony I asked to be examined again. 3cm dilated! OMG! Things happened very quickly then. I was taken into the labour ward where I started asking for the epidural. A while later (4pm) I was 8CM DILATED! By 6pm I knew the baby was coming and was fully dilated. Started to push at 6.10, and little Eoin was born at 6.36! We went in for a routine checkup at 8am and I had had a baby by 6.30 that evening! I have to admit I had it easy as he was small, but still weighed 4lbs 8 oz. He is beautiful, and even though he will be in NICU for a couple of weeks, he was breathing on his own from the word go, and scored 8 and 9 on the Apgar test. He is gobbling down my breast milk which I express, and things seem to be going fine. Thanks for asking after me, and I will post a pic of him soon. It is amazing, and the love you feel for that little person is so overwhelming. :lvs :wv
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Congratulations again Shorty....You´re the first of the september mammies club :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Mrs Maternal..hope you are already feeling better and the kidney infection is not too bad...i know how horrible a bladder infection can be already so I am feeling for you... Hope all the other mammies to be are grand and all packed by now :o0
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Congrats again shorty, replied in your other post. Heavenleigh, I was thinking the same thing, better finish packing just in case...... it's getting real now :eek :eek
lucky bella Posts: 88
Hi Shorty, Absoutely delighted everything's worked out for you. Congratulations. :o)ll I think I better get that bag of mine packed!
boobies Posts: 1625
Jesus Shorty!! Big congrats and well done... Welcome little Eoin!!
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Tigletts...thats right...time is flying at the moment...and on one handside I am sooo looking forward to meet the wee one, on the other handside it is scary that we will probably go into labour soon :eek I am all proud to say that I am nearly finished with my bag...tee hee....Just some things I still need every day I coulnd´t pack yet :o0
Esketti Posts: 936
Shorty thats great news! Congratulations and welcome baby Eoin! I'm sooooo jealous, I wish I had my little bundle here now! Anyone else fed up at this stage. I really am getting p*ssed off waiting. I think its cos I am so uncomfortable now that I just keep wishing it was all over and that I could do things with ease again instead of taking ages to do simple things cos I can barely move! :o(
I'm okay, I can wait a while, I'm not sure I'm ready for this labour/birth thing yet tbh :eek :eek I can't wait to see baby but I just can't get my head around the actual birth. Feeling a bit achy these past few days though, back and tummy/legs. But all in all I can't complain, sleeping well, and not getting up to pee too much. Not too long to go MRSKP
Moniebravo Posts: 22
Hey all Congrats Shorty, hope all goes ok with the 'lil' man. Had a scan and was supposed to be 33wks but scan said I was only 30wks! Got to go back next Thurs to check how my girls growing, but don't know if I should be worried or not. Eating loads of protein and calcium, and getting as much rest as poss (looking after my 2yr old daughter all day!) but not sure if there's anything else I can do to make her grow quicker! Any ideas?? [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:15kpi61g]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20718;30/st/20070922/dt/5/k/010a/preg.png[/img:15kpi61g] [/url]
Simone, could your dates be wrong? Don't really know otherwise, I know a neighbour of my parents has 3 kids and they were all born small, ~6lbs but they're all thriving now !