Seriously! It's a Recession!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pricetag Posts: 1306
Thanks everyone! I'll have to befriend a Sponser so!!!
MissBid Posts: 587
Congrats to your cousin, but who the hell can afford that? I hope to God theres a big percentage going to a charity. Maybe they're only hoping that the wealthy types will go so that the photographers won't have to take snaps of poor old recessionistas like ourselves for VIP..
Jawl Posts: 8881
That's mad! We were at a funeral the other and discussing the GAA matches that take place in Croke Park when neither team is from next or near Dublin. It costs 30 euro minimum for a ticket and it's 71 euro on the train up, 100 euro before you scratch your hole like!
I know I'm disgusted. Jawl, not a big GAA fan myself but I thought only big finals were played in Croke Park unless its Dublin... :-8 That's pants if you have to come all the way to Dublin for a game that isn't a final and you're not even playing Dublin! Oh I am so disappointed, I really want to go :o(
Milly83 Posts: 3620
That's usually the price for these kinds of events. They usually include dinner and drinks?? Check that out. Maybe it might match up if you drink your weight in wine!! :) Sorry to hear that you can't go though. Hope she does really well!! :)
[quote="Pricetag":o1terbjv]I know I'm disgusted. Jawl, not a big GAA fan myself but [b:o1terbjv]I thought only big finals were played in Croke Park [/b:o1terbjv]unless its Dublin... :-8 That's pants if you have to come all the way to Dublin for a game that isn't a final and you're not even playing Dublin! Oh I am so disappointed, I really want to go :o([/quote:o1terbjv] Matches are played in Croke Park if it's a suitable location for both teams to travel too. Not just big matches. Includes League/Friendlies/Camogie etc
[quote="Sunshiny":1o10d2pr]That's usually the price for these kinds of events. They usually include dinner and drinks?? Check that out. Maybe it might match up if you drink your weight in wine!! :) Sorry to hear that you can't go though. Hope she does really well!! :)[/quote:1o10d2pr] It includes dinner but I'm not sure about any drinks, as I said the girl wasn't very helpful on the phone! I got annoyed and said goodbye! But still, there should be an option if you don't want dinner no? I've never been to anything like this before and just wasn't prepared to hear that price!
Yeah there should be cheaper tickets available. Maybe try calling back and getting someone else? Where is it on?
Sodapop Posts: 3220
It's priced for corporate companies - they buy in bulk and give them out to clients - they dont question the price - they just pay it. It's a lot of money - I couldn't afford that. Actually tickets on events/concerts/shows are just very expensive and ticketmaster charge a fee of around €5/6 per ticket - its mad! Good luck to your cousin!!!!
bobbyjoe Posts: 395
I was just thinking the other day that companies/shops etc have forgotten there is a recession on. low prices in tesco etc were very short lived. you can really see price of clothes going up too.