Seriously PETA? Seriously?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Persephone Posts: 928
I'm all about the ethical treatment of animals but these people worry me. The level of crazy needed to think of this campaign should not be let out of the padded room. http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/m ... s-tanooki/ Disturbed...
Salander Posts: 1639
PETA are idiots and they are doing more harm than good. They advocate vegetarian diets for pet animals. Dogs can become vegetarian and thats ok but cats can't they require a substance called taurine and they can only get it from eating other animals - without taurine cats go blind! If i was to follow PETA's advice i would have two blind cats! O:| >:o(
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
Those poor pixelated animals are stripped of their coloured pixels while still alive! OH THE HUMANITY! And you know, it's encouraging kids who like mario to emulate him by killing animals and wearing them and also jumping down the toilet to try and access other worlds....
Exactly! I was straight out the door every day banging my head off bricks in the hopes of getting some gold coins. Now where can I get me a Tanooki to skin? What's that you say? Tanooki's aren't real, just fictional animals designed by nintendo? Noooooooo!!!
[quote="snookie":frxgzge1]Exactly! I was straight out the door every day banging my head off bricks in the hopes of getting some gold coins. Now where can I get me a Tanooki to skin? What's that you say? Tanooki's aren't real, just fictional animals designed by nintendo? Noooooooo!!![/quote:frxgzge1] Way ahead of you- just to annoy PETA I'm gonna genetically manufacture a Tanooki and then make a hat out of it.
libramoon Posts: 2402
I'm a veggie for ethical reasons and I wouldn't for a second think a game like Super Mario Brothers would be unethical! Lots of kids dress up like animals and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be real fur :eek . I'd say its a puplicity stunt but I'm 1,000,000% sure there are more worthy REAL WORLD causes to campain against!
[quote="Girl From Mars":38ux40z3][quote="snookie":38ux40z3]Exactly! I was straight out the door every day banging my head off bricks in the hopes of getting some gold coins. Now where can I get me a Tanooki to skin? What's that you say? Tanooki's aren't real, just fictional animals designed by nintendo? Noooooooo!!![/quote:38ux40z3] Way ahead of you- just to annoy PETA I'm gonna genetically manufacture a Tanooki and then make a hat out of it.[/quote:38ux40z3] Love it.
I also intend to embroider the words 'Peta Rules' on it, in thread woven out of the eyelashes of endangered species.
[quote="Girl From Mars":3cryxjtb]I also intend to embroider the words 'Peta Rules' on it, in thread woven out of the eyelashes of endangered species.[/quote:3cryxjtb] Delightfully sick and wrong. My kinda gal.
Buttonnose Posts: 477
Bleurgh! Don't get me started on PETA, it makes being pro animal rights complicated as generally you get lumped with them. :duh: *Hides Tanooki skin shoes* :innocent: