Service in Hotel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Vicky1274 Posts: 181
Does anyone know the name of any hotels in Dublin, that you can have your wedding ceremony in? I have been told there is at least one but no one seems to be able to shed any light on it for me. The other alternative is the registry office but I'm not pushed on that myself.
mollyeile Posts: 2486
Current Irish law only allows marraige in a church or regitrary office as far as I know. However this law is currently under review. When you planning to get married?
Thanks, I am aware of that but we will already be legally married as we are marrying first in my H2B country. We were planning on a party in Dublin, but my Gran won't be able to make it to the actual service and was quite upset cos I'm her eldest, so we've been thinking of a ceremony in Dublin also. I know that there is some hotels that you can do this in, just can't find out which ones they are.
Tibby Posts: 346
Liffey Valley House in Liexlip. You can married in their lovely grounds.
Thank you so much Tibby, you are a gem :thnk
Does anyone know of similar ones in Belfast? A friend of mine is renewing her vows there and is really interested in doing so in a hotel instead of reg office.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
i'd imagine most hotels could accomodate you if you wanted to have a blessing or some sort of service - space permitting - but as the first reply said this would have no legal standing and would be just a symbolic event.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
didn't mean "just" a symbolic event the way it reads. obviously it would be very important to you and h2b to commit to each other in front of your friends and family but it wouldn't have any legal standing. presumably this isn't a problem as you'll be married already.
There is no issue around legalities as we will be married already, it is only a symbolic service.
Elliecat Posts: 2725
[quote="Vicky1274":2d4wcecd]Does anyone know of similar ones in Belfast? A friend of mine is renewing her vows there and is really interested in doing so in a hotel instead of reg office.[/quote:2d4wcecd] You can do it in any hotel in Belfast (or anywhere in the UK) as long as you can find a minister/officiant who is willing to do it for you. I was at a wedding in the Old Inn at Crawfordsburn recently with a service, and it was lovely - very informal and relaxed.