shampoo and conditioners for highlighted hair?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justme Posts: 1700
I've long thick highlighted hair and it gets very dry. I was told by a haridresser not to buy the supermarket ranges as they are all too harsh, can anyone recommend a range that will improve the condition of highlighted hair thanks!
sposaitaliana Posts: 138
Hi Justme, have no suggestions for you, but I'm in the same boat and also looking for a good shampoo and conditioner. :wv
Sunnyshine Posts: 753
The Kerastase for coloured hair is great (pricey though - I stock up whenever I'm in the States), or the Elvive (red bottle) I found to be really good for condition and keeping the colour.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="decbride07":wqx4pgo8]The Kerastase for coloured hair is great (pricey though - I stock up whenever I'm in the States), or the Elvive (red bottle) I found to be really good for condition and keeping the colour.[/quote:wqx4pgo8] I have used both of these and find both great for coloured hair.
Diddlydee Posts: 190
the redken shampoos are brilliant too....when I use them my fiery red highlights last longer and are more vibrant than when I use normal shampoos
wouldntseemeinameringue Posts: 777
[quote="Diddlydee":1ph5z3tz]the redken shampoos are brilliant too....when I use them my fiery red highlights last longer and are more vibrant than when I use normal shampoos[/quote:1ph5z3tz] I second this. Redken Blonde Ambition Shampoo and Conditioner was recommended to me by a hairdresser in Sydney and I haven't looked back since I started using it. Great stuff.
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv I buy the kerastase in Peter Marks, have to say i love it, but as it is quite expensive, i only use it when i am going out, the other day's i use the Nicky Clarke's "Smoothe it over" range.. I was watching a programme a while ago, and their was some top stylist actually think it was on Ireland am, and he was saying the best out there is the Herbal Essence, i personally can't use it as i find my head is itchy all the time.. Maybe it might work on your's..
Diddlydee Posts: 190
Im the same Anais - I used Herbal Essence and found it made my head itch and my hair felt horrible
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
[quote="Diddlydee":o14xwjwu]Im the same Anais - I used Herbal Essence and found it made my head itch and my hair felt horrible[/quote:o14xwjwu][list:o14xwjwu] :wv I find loads of shampoos & conditioners do this, i can't use Pantene, Fructis, Elvive, Head & Shoulders, and of course Herbal Essence.. It's a nightmare :o0 [/list:u:o14xwjwu]
Mrs Big Posts: 919
What you need also is a good treatment. You can buy Wella System professional cream in hairdressers use it like a conditioner or once a week leave on for hours it does wonders! Think its €15 a tub and you will get a good few uses out of it.