Shampoo & Shower Gels!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dublinredhead Posts: 917
Just thought this might be fun.... am getting a bit bored of my shower Gel so just thought I'd see what others love using!!! I use Tea Tree and Mint Shower Gel from Tescos and unfortunately as I have a scalp problem I have to use medicated shampoos..... :o( :o( but I always give a spray of the boots coconut leave in conditioner to try to take the medicated smell away!! So.... what do ye use???
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
I usually buy whatever is on sale in Boots! They have half price this week on various ones so got a few of the palmolive ones, they smell lovely and my skin doesnt feel dry after using them. I had gotten the Dove ones last time and I found my skin felt dry afterwards. Shampoos I've been using the Elvive colour shampoo but when i can afford it I would get the Matrix Biolage shampoo and conditioner. Everything makes my scalp itch.
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
I used to buy whatever was on offer but after years of irritation, I recently found out i've got contact Dermatitis. So I use simple shower gel or Simple soap in the shower & the "No to carrots/cucumbers/tomatoes" range of shampoo & conditioner. They are SLS free so it's perfect. My hair has never looked to great!
Makka Pakka Posts: 620
Boots do one in the Boots scents range. The one I get is Brazil Nut. Its so lovely, I could eat it. I love it. Its pricier than the normal shower gels, but me and hubby love it :) :)
Shopgirl 1 Posts: 660
I am using a lovely oil of olay shower gel with ribbons of body butter saving me time on moisturizer on these cold dark mornings. I use kerastase it however you spell it on my hair, you only need a little so lasts ages and worth the money. I occasionally use pantene as well.
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
I love Sanctuary shower gels & all that range actually. Shampoo varies and is often whatever is on offer. I have thick hair and most seem to suit it Ok
Diddlydory Posts: 4
*)
bizarre bride Posts: 234
I am a Dove only girl!! Like some of you have mentioned already I also suffer from a sensitive scalp and I find anything but Dove drives me crazy. I stock up when its on special. I also use head and shoulders once or twice a week to keep the dandruff at bay!! Shower gels are whatever is on offer. My mam gave me a fengel one at christmas and it smells fab. I am trying to keep it out of H2B's hands as he will use what ever comes to him as his shower gel / shampoo it could be liquid gold and its used up in a week O:|
mammy2011 Posts: 1388
I use Soap and Glory shower gel, it is gorgeous and my skin feels moisturised after the shower. I am still in search of a good shampoo and conditioner. I need to wash my hair daily and it drives me mad cos it is actually quiet dry, just the roots are oily. Any suggestions ladies?
islandlil Posts: 1059
[quote="mammy2011":dg6qkvry]I use Soap and Glory shower gel, it is gorgeous and my skin feels moisturised after the shower. I am still in search of a good shampoo and conditioner. I need to wash my hair daily and it drives me mad cos it is actually quiet dry, just the roots are oily. Any suggestions ladies?[/quote:dg6qkvry] My hair is the same and I can only wash it every other day really as it dries it out too much otherwise. I use a shampoo for oily hair on the scalp and a shampoo for dry hair on the rest, plus lots of conditioner, except on the scalp. I find elive good and use Aussie 3 minute miracle once a week. I also use dry hair shampoo on the scalp between washes to deal with any oiliness. Batiste now do dry hair shampoo that comes in different colours so it doesn't look like you've gone White, :o0