Shannahans in Stephens Green

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pink Shoe Posts: 2300
Has anyone been to this new restaurant? I have heard great review about it, i know someone who was there last week and they said the service was excellent.. Anyone been?
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Its not new. I've havent been there but I hear its fab. V. pricey though! Think Christmasb was there a couple of weeks ago
bride. Posts: 3014
I've heard it's lovely but I don't think it's new is it? I personally couldn't part with so much money though!
NowGone Posts: 8042
Shanahans on the Green has been open for several years. It's ok - very basic food - steak and seafood. It is extremely expensive - it's target market is US business folk who fancy a good auld shteak. Supposed to be pretty good, but be warned - the basic steak costs around €40 and that's without potato/veg. I've been there three times and I reckon there's far better food to be had a cheaper prices. If someone else is paying mind, that's a different issue. :innocent:
Heflen Posts: 4050
Is this new restaurant 'in' St Stephens green, anyway connected to Shanahans on the Green?
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
I was there during the summer and thought it was excellent - both food and service. It is expensive but if you're only going once in a while. Next time, I wouldn't bother with a starter as it meant I couldn't finish my main course which was heaven. Lots of seafood starters which I don't eat but I got a really nice spinach and bacon salad. H2B only ever has soup for a starter and he wasn't keen on split pea and ham but it was the only choice. Both had steak as main course (best ever), sides ere €10 each, we got 3 between us, don't remember the exact names but there were a tower of skinny onion rings (absolutely huge), rosti potato pancake and these little balls of potato with gruyere cheese in them (delicious). We sharded a mizture of sorbets and ice creams for dessert. Would definitely go back and highly recommend it.
Pink Shoe Posts: 2300
they must have got it wrong as I was going by what I was told... i heard the service is great and the food, it is sort of like a house ..
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
It is an old georgian house...
Christmas B Posts: 6191
The food is amaaaaaaaaazing!!! I love Shanahan's!!! I've been there a few times before and we always walk away sooooooooo satisfied. It's really a place to go to if you're a fan of beef!! We were there a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have a starter because their bread is just delicious and I devoured that!! Then for a main I had the 8oz fillet. H2B had the 24oz rib eye steak. He ended up eating half of my steak too!! Hence devouring 28oz of steak!! I couldn't believe it!! Plus he had prawns for starter too!! My little beast!! It's definitly a place to go to for a nice aul treat!! It's very expensive and side order are all €10 each but one does between two. After dinner you can nip down to the Oval Office which is the bar down stairs. It's really nice and relaxing and full of US history. The history behind Shanahan's is that an American business man used to come over to Dublin a lot and could never get a decent steak anywhere. So he decided to open a restaurant that served decent steak and so came the beginning of Shanahan's!!
over it Posts: 2779
Lovely restaurant, bit expensive but it's not somewhere you'd go every Friday after work. Steak's are yummy there. [img:3c9n9wsl]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_51.gif[/img:3c9n9wsl]