Shapewear for large ladies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
I'm fat and I'm a really odd fat in that I bulge in weird places. :-8 Can anyone recommend good shapewear that will smooth the 'curves' rather than reduce them?
yippeeme Posts: 2139
I have trinny and suzannah pants that go up to the bra and they're good. I also got a black body slip thing in dunnes thats a body shaper and it's amazing, i think i prefer it to trinny and co!
I have tried the bicycle shorts type shapewear before but I still stick out - I'm pointy fat rather than curvy fat! I'll just have to try stuff on I suppose. I'll try dunnes.
mrshigginstobe Posts: 243
spanx i got mine on qvc there brill i also picked up a great slimming vest in penneys
Rogue User Posts: 6101
[quote="Finicky Fi":1rjmfvs2]I'm fat and I'm a really odd fat in that I bulge in weird places. :-8 Can anyone recommend good shapewear that will smooth the 'curves' rather than reduce them?[/quote:1rjmfvs2] Sorry Finicky can't help cos I actually HATE shapewear - it is so uncomfy! BUt had to salute your honesty! You go girl!
Thanks for the recommendations - I'll have to keep trying 'til I find something (or just stick to a diet!).
yippeeme Posts: 2139
[quote="Finicky Fi":3lao0af4]I have tried the bicycle shorts type shapewear before but I still stick out - [quote:3lao0af4]I'm pointy fat [/quote:3lao0af4]rather than curvy fat! I'll just have to try stuff on I suppose. I'll try dunnes.[/quote:3lao0af4] Sorry now Finicky Fi but i laughed out loud when i read that, such a funny description, but fear not i'm a fattie too! ;o)
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
Try M&S - they had the original shape wear brand last time i'm there. Pointy fat? I've a very odd image in my head now!
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Oh Finiky Fi, i hear you all the way! I recently got a smoother slip in Dunnes and it's great. It has straps (to stop it rolling down) and you can wear your own bra under it (it sits under your boobs) and comes down to the knee and doesn't roll up. It doesn't suck in (I find those sucky in things tend to just move my fat up or down to another location anyway) but it sits so that clothes kind of skim over the worst bits. It's very stretchy, so I got a size smaller than usual and it was fine. And it was only €12!
[quote="PaniniRoses":4ygox9we]Oh Finiky Fi, i hear you all the way! I recently got a smoother slip in Dunnes and it's great. It has straps (to stop it rolling down) and you can wear your own bra under it (it sits under your boobs) and comes down to the knee and doesn't roll up. It doesn't suck in (I find those sucky in things tend to just move my fat up or down to another location anyway) but it sits so that clothes kind of [b:4ygox9we]skim over the worst bits[/b:4ygox9we]. It's very stretchy, so I got a size smaller than usual and it was fine. And it was only €12![/quote:4ygox9we] This sounds like just what I need - or something like this