Share the wealth?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pricilla Posts: 1564
Honestly now... If someone bought you a Winning Streak, or a lottery ticket thing and you won a big amount like €5,000, €10,000 or even €20,000 would you give them some of the money? I'm talking like someone you didn't really know that well (like not a relative) just someone who gave it to you to say thanks for something. Just think about it before you answer.
I'd like to think I'd give them a small amount, but I'd be reluctant to tell them how much I'd won.
architec Posts: 1306
I'd give a small amount. They're your winnings, but you wouldn't have had them if this individual hadn't given you the ticket - spread it round a bit, I reckon!!
Italy07 Posts: 5409
If it wasn't family or a very close friend I would give them something don't think I would go as far as half, but something!
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
Depends who gave it to me. I get them from work from time to time and if I won then they wouldn't see a penny. If I won big money they'd see a trail of smoke from my desk out the door... ETA - if it was an individual who gave it to me, then I would give them a small part of the winnings..definitely not half though!
dreamer Posts: 3941
I'd buy them a few scratch cards!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I'd give them a token amount. I am sure no one who gives you a ticket in the way you describe would expect it. That said, if it was an amount that I [i:1apbs9kv][b:1apbs9kv]could [/b:1apbs9kv][/i:1apbs9kv]keep quiet, like not the Euro millions jackpot or something, I would be inclined to stay schtumm about it, just to keep it private and avoid vultures swooping in from all sides.
SaJa Posts: 4282
I wouldn't give them anything. They bought the ticket for me. That's just the chance you have to take when buying someone a lottery ticket, they might actually win a big amount.
Yeah Saja, it would be a sickner though if you bought someone a lottery ticket and found out they won €20,000 and didn't give you a penny. It's a tough one to call.
TokenMale Posts: 6845
So Pricilla, were you the winner or the giver? For some reason I'm finding a little hard to believe that this is [i:14g2xyab]purely[/i:14g2xyab] hypothetical. >:o)