Share your LOW FAT Recipes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lolabelle Posts: 3311
Some of the wollies have been asking me for low fat tasty Italian recipies. Everything I have I learned from my MIL girls and she is VERY strict about the recipes staying in the family so you DIDN'T get it from me if she asks ok???? :o0 :o0 :o0 I have tons and tons but I'll start with one my favs. Here is her recipe for Green Lasagne. Its SUPER tasty and very filling: Even if you don't like all the veg I use just try it anyway because the finished lasagne is just so tasty. If I'm not clear about something just let me know. For Green Lasagne you need: 200g of fresh lasagne sheets (you can use dried but fresh is much nicer) Garlic - 4 or 5 cloves depending on how much you like garlic 1 Courgette I small red chilli pepper 2 large flourettes of broccoli 50g of green beans Few leaves of spinach 1 medium potato I small jar of pesto 2 streaky rashers cut up into small bits Parsley Mint – get fresh mint if you can as it’s much nicer Oregano 50g of Parmigiano Reggiano (you can get the real grated stuff in Tesco) Salt Pepper Olive oil Boil the potato until soft. Mash and add pinch of salt and pepper. Boil the broccoli and green beans until soft. Finely slice the courgette, garlic and the chilli pepper Add all the veg to a pan with the cut up streaky rasher and the chilli pepper. Sautee all the veg and garlic together until the courgette is soft. Turn off the heat and add the spinach, chopped parsley, mint and oregano. Add all of these to the potato and stir well to mix. Take your sheets of lasagne and line the bottom of your tray. Add a generous dollop of pesto and spread it out. Then add a layer of veg. Sprinkle with Parmigiano and cover with more lasagne. Do this for three or four layers. Any more and it will be too heavy. On the top layer add another dollop of pesto and spread out. Sprinkle the top with Parmigiano. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 200.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Yummmmm :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Lolabelle that sounds amazing. The only problem is I can't give FH lasagne with potato in it. He already calls me a Paddy for putting potato in my curry! :o0
[quote="JustBecause":1x95zp62]Lolabelle that sounds amazing. The only problem is I can't give FH lasagne with potato in it. He already calls me a Paddy for putting potato in my curry! :o0[/quote:1x95zp62] Mine too - Its only one potato and I promise he won't notice!!!
Kaycee Posts: 2107
loving your work lolabelle O-O
[quote="Lolabelle":2jpw0k22][quote="JustBecause":2jpw0k22]Lolabelle that sounds amazing. The only problem is I can't give FH lasagne with potato in it. He already calls me a Paddy for putting potato in my curry! :o0[/quote:2jpw0k22] Mine too - Its only one potato and I promise he won't notice!!![/quote:2jpw0k22] Cool as long as he doesn't cop, there's rashers in there too that's even worser. Is your MIL a secret Paddy? :innocent: Oh and we won't say a word! Sure aren't we all like family here anyway :o0 OT I just had an Irish guest in and my accent(even in my head) just got stronger!
[quote="JustBecause":6ppi0rt7]Cool as long as he doesn't cop, there's rashers in there too that's even worser. Is your MIL a secret Paddy? :innocent: Oh and we won't say a word! Sure aren't we all like family here anyway :o0 OT I just had an Irish guest in and my accent(even in my head) just got stronger![/quote:6ppi0rt7] My DH would LOVE to be a Paddy! He's even got celtic tattoos ... wannabe!!! He says cos he married to an Irish woman that make's him half Irish ... :o0 :o0 :o0 Now in fairness the bacon is cut up into TINY pieces so he won't notice that either!!
Loloabelle you and you MIL are responsible for the total disintagration of my wedding dress diet! I was fantasising about your recipe all weekend so made it up last night and just had a HUGE portion (over 1/2 :-8 ) for my lunch. I totally messed up the recipe so your MIL has no compatition but it is still delicious! [quote="Lolabelle":3ddeffn3]My DH would LOVE to be a Paddy! He's even got celtic tattoos ... wannabe!!! He says cos he married to an Irish woman that make's him half Irish ... :o0 :o0 :o0 [/quote:3ddeffn3] It worked out for both of you. He got to be an honorary Irishman and you get access to the family recipes!
[quote="JustBecause":1y3a4a1r]Loloabelle you and you MIL are responsible for the total disintagration of my wedding dress diet! I was fantasising about your recipe all weekend so made it up last night and just had a HUGE portion (over 1/2 :-8 ) for my lunch. I totally messed up the recipe so your MIL has no compatition but it is still delicious![/quote:1y3a4a1r] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Don't worry its not fattening. My MIL lives on stuff like this and she's a tiny size 6 - 8 :xxx I'll post another recipe for you!
This is called Melitzanosalata. Its to DIE for. Eat it on bread. Ok this is a Greek recipe but Italians eat it too! Ingredients 1 large eggplant/aubergine 1 small onion, chopped 3 cloves of garlic 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil finely chopped parsley (to garnish) olives - optional Preparation Clean eggplant, wipe dry and place whole, on a baking tray and bake in a hot oven for about 1 hour or until soft. When it has cooled, cut it open and scoop out the flesh, discarding the seeds. Chop the flesh into cubes and place in a food processor. Add to the processor 1 small chopped onion, garlic cloves and salt and pepper. Add vinegar or lemon juice and olive oil. Process all together until blended well. Refrigerate. When ready to serve, place on small plate, garnish with finely chopped parsley and kalamata (greek) olives.