Sharp pain in tummy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mcw100 Posts: 54
Hi all, Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this - I was walking to work this morning and got this very sore sharp pain in right had side of my tummy, I'm 24 weeks preganant - it was so sore I had to stop - when I started walking again slowly it passed- is this normal? Thanks...
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I had it the other day on my left hand side. I Was worried but baby is moving away so not to worried. Have GP appointment next week so might mention it.
noon Posts: 229
A couple of times last week when I was walking down to the train I had an awful stitch like pain in my side. It was so sore I had to stop. It seems to have passed now. I am due at hospital next week and I will mention it to the consultant.
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Got this all the time when I went walking from week 20 - 29 they subsided but I get them again now and again starting again last week. Doc just said it was muscle stretching, very painful. I found if I stopped for a minute to let it ease and go again I could walk for another 10 min or so before it would happen again. Also used to get a very sharp pain in my right side in bed at night for a couple of weeks around the 20 week mark too, discovered it was trapped wind :-8 , very painful though.
LilyBlue Posts: 279
I used to get stitches when I was pg on our son and out walking, very sore!
brideeee Posts: 1490
I've been experiencing this too- very sharp pains when I walk (usuallly too quickly). They really stop you in your tracks but they're apparently quite common, xx b