Menu

shaving secrets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anon10yr+ Posts: 1874
halo Posts: 1406
would like to know how to tackle the aul underarm myself and have a lovely clean stretch of skin there - seems to be always a 5 o clock shadow there no matter how much time I spend on it! and as for the nether region... :shock: always avoid doing that, as will end up itchy and stuff when it starts growing back. the only tip I have is to shave in the bath/shower, towards the end of your shower, as the skin will be softened up, and the hairs will have absorbed moisture, making them stand out a bit and easier to shave.
curly sue Posts: 257
I read in a magazine at the weekend that if you shave your legs downward, it prevents shaving rash. Not sure how effective it is, mind you :!: And the best thing to prevent ingrowing hairs is to exfoliate in the shower, using one of those puff thingys. And baby oil is great after shaving to keep your legs nice & smooth. :)
Squigs Posts: 101
I have started waxing to try and beat the underarm shadow problem. I still get a few ingrown hairs though. My beautician advised that an ingrown hair can be squeezed out like a spot if it isn't too long, I resorted to attacking the ingrown hairs with a sterilised needle last week, it didn't really hurt actually. And I am exfoliating like tomorrow isn't coming.
curly sue Posts: 257
good luck with the downward shaving thing, anon... ill be interested to hear your report on it tomorrow :? !
Kettles Hotel
Jellybelly Posts: 107
I've started laser treatment on my bikini line after practically scarring myself trying to attack ingrown hairs. :oops: V expensive but money well spent. If I could afford it I'd do my legs and underarms too!!
beanbeag Posts: 66
Squigs, I was thinking of doing the whole underarm waxing but am a bit worried about how long the hair would need to be for it to work. What's your experience? B
mia Posts: 963
Def waxing is the only way to get rid of that underarm shadow, hairs don't have to be that long, about 1/4 inch I think. Doesn't hurt half as much as your legs/bikini line either!