She is at it again!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Davis Posts: 78
Lad's and Ladies, I know that I have posted this complained already, but just thought that it might help me really get this out of my system once and for all. Quick up date for those who know nothing out it - about 18 months ago, my boss approached me and told me that I needed to make my mind up as to who from the office is attending my wedding (bear in mind not getting married until this oct). Told her that the list was not even done, only new that H2B and myself would be there. Now, a week later, early one Tuesday morning, she told me first that I needed my hair cut as it looked very much unconditioned and second, that I really need to be letting people know who is going to the full day and who is going to the evening - again the list is still not done, just in the process of doing so. What can I do to make this woman leave me alone on this matter. I have decided to invite the people I work with to the evening - it seems like the only fair thing to do. I know that all she wants to do is be able to say she is coming to the whole day, but it's hard enought in work, could you imagine it at the wedding. Any comments, greatly appreciated. Sorry it's long
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
WTF??? I'm sorry but what on earth has it got to do with her who you're inviting to YOUR wedding? I've heard it all now, if I were you I'd tell her that I wasn't inviting any work colleagues at all and then make up your mind at your leisure. As for the hair thing - do you have to meet & greet customers? If so, then she probably has a point, if not then it's none of her damn business. Jeez, some people!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
OMG what a nosey b1tch! Who does she think she is???!!! It's absolutely none of her business! Apart from that you still have another 8 months to go and most couples wouldn't have a final decision made by then.. OMG the cheek of some people. :eek If you've decided to invite all your work colleagues to the afters then tell her (thats if shes included! :o0 ) and that should shut her up. You're not obliged to invite your boss from work just because she is your boss and she is cheeky to assume so. Regarding the comments about your hair, thats very personal and I wouldnt stand for that hun. Basically she's harassing you!
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Tell her to work on the assumption that nobody from work is invited, and if plans change subsequently you'll understand if she can't make it.
pricilla Posts: 1564
Well it's none of her business. That is borderline harassment! :o0 Don't work yourself up about it. If she says anything to you again that you don't want to discuss, just say "[b:1uw4wzcb]could you give me that in writing please[/b:1uw4wzcb]" and just look at her. It's nothing work related so she has no right to be asking you.
gerbil Posts: 3528
token's suggestion is classic lol :o0 if you're loathe to have an open breach with her, just continue to say "nothing is decided yet," but if you want it to stop, I think either go above her head and complain about it to her boss, or simply tell her you don;t understand why your wedding is becoming the focus of gossip at work and you would appreciate it if she would stop.
she Posts: 3298
dont invite her to the full day, ul never here the end of it......she'l probably get up and make a speech!!!!!!!
October_2007 Posts: 937
OH MY GOD!! :eek :eek :ooh I'd go with Token's suggestion 100% :o0
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Tell her it's none of her business and getting that close to your hair to ascertain whether it needs a trim or not is bordering on harassment. >:o(
chatter2cat Posts: 996
Tell her everyone's invited except her - its only fair you can all party without the boss looking over your shoulders and you're sure she'll understand >:o) Seriously :eek though, cannot believe it. I think the 'small intimate wedding' card will have to be played and if you have enough room when you've invited all the family on both sides you'll see - type thing. Is she just a bit mad? Sounds awful!