She just won't SHUT UP!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
The woman I share an office just does not shut up from one end of the day to another. Every email she gets, I get a run down on it. Every phonecall she gets, she hangs up and I get a report of the whole phonecall. Every time something strange happens her computer, it's "what's this", "what's that". Seriously, it goes on all day, and I'm ready to crack up!!! O:| O:| O:| Every single thing she does during the day, I just HAVE to hear about it!!! 5 minutes can't pass without her going on and on and on about something. I try to react to her by looking busy (and she knows I am) but it doesn't work! Sometimes, its like if she knows I'm busy she gets worse, or if I'm trying to sort something out, she starts on about something. It's almost like she does it on purpose >:o( Sweet jesus, I'm ready to blow!!!! As I'm typing this now, she's going on about an email she just got, and "who's this person", "oh my computer is so slow today", "are you having a problem with your computer today?. No I'm not........but I will soon coz I'll be broken over YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O:| ;o( O:| ;o( O:| ;o( O:| O:| O:| She's still going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O:| >:o( O:| >:o( O:| >:o( O:| >:o( And now she's humming!!!! :weep :weep :weep :weep
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
sounds like someone who never gotten attention growing up and is desperate for it. i know what you mean, its so annoying all you can do is try to ignore her really. she probably drives everyone else barmy too!
Moet for me Posts: 1841
There is one in every office, I used to say to the girl in mine sorry I'm up to my eyes here I'll chat to you in a second and then not look up again for ages.
ShelleyD Posts: 162
Yep, there are definitely people like that everywhere. Thankfully I don't have one in the same office with me though, but can imagine what it must be like. O:|
waffy Posts: 410
can you just plug in your ipod? make it very obvious you've got your headphones in. :o0
pluto Posts: 3893
Some days I just ignore it and I don't mind, but other days it really grates at me....and today is one of them. And in between all that stuff, I get the run down on every single one of her children's lives!!! One is doing this, the other is doing that. She asks me something about my house, or my hubby, and I swear it's only a conversation opener so that she can go on and on and on and on and on about her own daughter's house and husband!!! O:| O:| O:|
luckyb2b! Posts: 15
oh my god madgie, i am in exactly the same position. The girl that works across from me shreeks down the phone and fake laughs all over the place. She just got engaged at christmas, and you would swear she is the only woman ever to have gotten engaged in the world ever!! she does my head in, one day she actually told 17 people her proposal story from start to finish, and by 17 people i mean clients who could not care less. She makes more personal calls than business calls, and screeches and cackles during everyone of them O:| O:| O:| O:| i just want to put her though a wall >:o( . And when she wants to ask me something (we are same level, but i am here longer), she sighes for about 10 mins or until i ask her what is wrong.... OH MY GOD, i am fit to burst her, so i do, honestly, feel your pain O:|
hopeful1973 Posts: 4385
I feel your pain too Madgie - woman in here seems to think we need a running commentary on her entire day, from the emails she gets, to the clients coming in to the cars in the carpark to the type of coffee someone's asked for to the BLAH BLAH BLAH.... HELLO? I DON'T CARE, GO AWAY O:|
vienna Posts: 287
Through a sock at her maybe then she will get the message!
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i am sitting next to someone like that too - i know more about her personal life than i want to cos she is incapable of having a quiet phone conversation