Sheets - do you need them for the hospital cots?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Just a bit of confusion has arisen. Are they needed for the cots or to bring the baby home in or do you need any for the hospital at all??
Isy Posts: 89
Hi Emme. Yes you need to bring your hospital sheets with you, they will give you some but expect you to have your own as well. A good tip my sister used for when she had her baby was to buy pillow cases, the soft ones in pennies/dunnes and use them to put on the bed in hospital as sheets, cheaper than buying lot of sheets for baby.
Emme Posts: 4735
Isn't it crazy. I know a friend of mine was told to bring her own TCP and surgical spirits for after her C section. Not that it should make a difference but she was private as well.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
I know the Rotunda supply you with cot sheets if your private anyway - may depend on the hospital though....
poppy1 Posts: 596
Limerick supply you with sheets, no need to bring any so check with the hospital in question
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
Never heard of them being needed for CUMH either ... a friend of mine had her baby in there recently, and I got her to put together a list of the essentials I'd need for going into hospital, and she never mentioned this. Sure if you don't have them, they'll hardly leave the baby without sheets!
mischa09 Posts: 1068
Does anyone know if you need them for the coombe?
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
Anyone know about Galway??
mrs.july Posts: 3167
A tip I got from a list somehwere on here is to use muslin squares for under baby's head so only need one sheet/pillow case and then change the muslin if baby spits up.
missust Posts: 370
OLOL says you can bring your own sheets if you prefer