Shock news

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redwifey Posts: 2932
Hi everyone Used to post a good bit before I got married in December but since then I have not posted that much. Found out I was pregnant on Friday afternoon. To say that it was a shock is an understatement, totally unplanned but a welcome surprise all the same. Just a bit worried because I am only in my current job just under 3 months and feel a bit bad but I suppose I need to get over the guilt. I have to start ringing around for consultants this morning and am going for my first set of bloods at 10am. I also have epilepsy so it's an additional thing that I need to be mindful of so they will monitor me more closely. To think that only a few days ago I had none of this to worry about. Does anyone just feel like they are just not ready and terrified by the whole thing? I suppose it's only natural for me because it was such a shock but we are delighted about the news. Am good friends with LivDec2007 and now we are expecting only 3 weeks apart (after only getting married 2 weeks apart). My head is just all over the place so sorry for rambling. Just wanted to introduce myself and say 'hi'- I can see how much support you all give each other here and it's great. Be prepared for loads of stupid questions.... Best of luck to everyone, will head off and join the February 2009 thread now. RW :lvs
Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
Well let be one of the first to say congrats and welcome to P&B!!! Im so delighted you are here and am over the moon since you told me on Friday. !!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll The girls here are great for advice. You will be a brilliant mammy!!!
Thanks Liv, still feel totally freaked out though :o0
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
Ahh thats so sweet that the 2 of you are expecting the same time. Congrats Redwifey :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Thanks Vonny, I hope it happens for you too soon :lvs
under construction Posts: 3458
Congratulations, wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy. So wonderful that you can share this experience so closely with a good friend
HoneyBee1973 Posts: 795
Congrats redwifey! Fantastic news! :o)ll :o)ll I am in the Feb thread too and I am also Epileptic and will be getting extra monitoring. We must keep each other up to date on any extra hospital visits etc to compare notes! Take care and see you on the Feb thread! :wv
Oh HoneyBee1973, you don't know how happy I am hearing that you are epileptic (sorry!), don't know anyone else who is pregnant that is, i have loads of questions. Will ask them on the Feb thread!
Babybop. Posts: 592
redwifey Congratulations and best of luck with the coming months. I was only in my job 2 months when i found out i was expecting. I also had to tell them straight away as i was having a difficult time but they were great about it. Im sure you employer will understand as these things happen best of luck you'll be fine.
Please god Babybop, I would hate for them to think I was pulling a fast one. Have started going jogging lately in work with some of the girls so had to come up with an excuse as to why I can't go. Thankfully (sort of) I have epilepsy so I was able to blame loads on that :o0