Shoe Clips - Yay or Nay??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LastRolo Posts: 6892
I've seen a pair of shoes I like for the big day but they are really REALLY plain and I thought a shoe clip might bling it up a little.. I've never used shoe clips before - so I wanted to ask you wollied in the know, what are they like?? Are they secure? Will they fall off? Do they hurt your feet where they are attached to the shoe?? Will they catch on the inside of my dress?? Anyone know of a good place to buy them that aren't too expensive??
SpillingMoonbeams Posts: 140
I'm also considering shoe clips and would love to know if they're comfy! Etsy seems to have a lovely varied collection, that's where I have my eyes on a set! Can I ask, where are those shoes from? They look cute! :)
Next They are only a 2.5" / 6cm heel as myself and OH are kinda the same height and I don't wanna be towering over him on the day. There are so little selection of lower heel shoes!
dublinredhead Posts: 917
I got shoe clips on ebay for my wedding day....now I'm not sure if the clips weren't of great quality, but while I found them very comfortable they kept opening and actually didn't even make it to the church with me.....I took them off before I left the house as they kept falling off. They do look fab in the pictures of my shoes that the photographer took before I put the shoes on...and nobody really could see the shoes under my dress anyway so I wasn't too bothered!!
[quote="dublinredhead":a9lpny1x]I got shoe clips on ebay for my wedding day....now I'm not sure if the clips weren't of great quality, but while I found them very comfortable they kept opening and actually didn't even make it to the church with me.....I took them off before I left the house as they kept falling off. They do look fab in the pictures of my shoes that the photographer took before I put the shoes on...and nobody really could see the shoes under my dress anyway so I wasn't too bothered!![/quote:a9lpny1x] Thanks dublinredhead - I was worried about that! I don't wanna be doing my rendition of New York New York and for the shoe clip to come flying off and hit some poor auld wan in the head!!